The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel System Problems

subhunterG9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
Ok guys, I wanted to share my recent challenges with my Grenadier. Not to complain but to inform and seek out any similar problems. I bought my 2024 Grenadier in February. Due to travel, I only drove it 400 miles the first two months. A month ago, while driving on a very busy residential street, the car died and check engine light came on. I was stuck in the street….so I tried to get it going. Long story short, it would not run. So, I had it towed up to the Dallas/Plano dealership.
The dealership has been awesome. The first diagnosis was that I had water in the fuel. So they emptied it, dried it and refueled. They also replaced the “sending Unit” ( fuel pump). After doing that, they test drove it for around 30 miles, all good. So they delivered it back to me. The next morning when I first drove it, I made it about 50 feet and it died again. Same symptoms.
So, the dealer is picking it back up to see what they can find.
Has anyone else had any fuel related problems? (other than the topping off problem)
I love this rig…..but this is concerning. Besides this issue the car is amazing…..
I will update this as we progress.

subhunterG9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, two weeks ago, I worked with the Plano dealer to “trade in” the troubled rig for a similar model. But, I am keeping tabs on their progress with the original. My new one is terrific. I actually went from Black to the Mushroom color…..much better for looking clean.
The dealer has been very good on this whole scenario. There is something going on with the fuel pumps. (I am no mechanic). They are working with Ineos and BMW to solve the riddle.
They did say that mine is the only one in NA that has had anything like this.

Vote:
Upvote 0

kcraigheadjr

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok guys, I wanted to share my recent challenges with my Grenadier. Not to complain but to inform and seek out any similar problems. I bought my 2024 Grenadier in February. Due to travel, I only drove it 400 miles the first two months. A month ago, while driving on a very busy residential street, the car died and check engine light came on. I was stuck in the street….so I tried to get it going. Long story short, it would not run. So, I had it towed up to the Dallas/Plano dealership.
The dealership has been awesome. The first diagnosis was that I had water in the fuel. So they emptied it, dried it and refueled. They also replaced the “sending Unit” ( fuel pump). After doing that, they test drove it for around 30 miles, all good. So they delivered it back to me. The next morning when I first drove it, I made it about 50 feet and it died again. Same symptoms.
So, the dealer is picking it back up to see what they can find.
Has anyone else had any fuel related problems? (other than the topping off problem)
I love this rig…..but this is concerning. Besides this issue the car is amazing…..
I will update this as we progress.
I have experienced the same as you. Couple weeks ago I was driving down Harry Hines, here in Dallas, the engine started making a loud banging noise then lost power and the car died. I was in the center lane, it took about 4 tries and I finally got it started, I was able to slowly get it in a parking lot then towed back to Sewell. ! Sewell Dallas has had it two weeks, they said the history shows the car "misfired" several times but they do not know what to do. I am about to leave for North Carolina and am feeling pretty insecure about driving this car. I also bought mine in Feb.

Vote:
Upvote 0

kcraigheadjr

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, two weeks ago, I worked with the Plano dealer to “trade in” the troubled rig for a similar model. But, I am keeping tabs on their progress with the original. My new one is terrific. I actually went from Black to the Mushroom color…..much better for looking clean.
The dealer has been very good on this whole scenario. There is something going on with the fuel pumps. (I am no mechanic). They are working with Ineos and BMW to solve the riddle.
They did say that mine is the only one in NA that has had anything like this.
Now they have 2! I replied to another message of yours.

Vote:
Upvote 0

subhunterG9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have experienced the same as you. Couple weeks ago I was driving down Harry Hines, here in Dallas, the engine started making a loud banging noise then lost power and the car died. I was in the center lane, it took about 4 tries and I finally got it started, I was able to slowly get it in a parking lot then towed back to Sewell. ! Sewell Dallas has had it two weeks, they said the history shows the car "misfired" several times but they do not know what to do. I am about to leave for North Carolina and am feeling pretty insecure about driving this car. I also bought mine in Feb.
Ok, now we have a trend. I called Sewell the other day to check in on the troubled vehicle. (even though it is no longer mine). They are still trouble shooting. My “replacement” vehicle has no issues as of yet. I am also planning to drive it to the Carolinas in a few weeks. So, I am trying to put miles on it to uncover any issues before that trip. Let us know what happens with yours.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom