The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front End Leveling kit

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Of all the potential mods I might consider spending money on for my Gren, this would have to be below last. Will also look silly, and potentially behave badly, as soon as you fill it with fuel and put a load in the back or trailer on. 🤦‍♂️
You're missing the point.... the "leveled" trucks rarely if ever get filled with weight

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
The looks of course! Beefy/strong looking trucks are part of the American dream
Americans have wierd dreams. If I wanted an offroader but didn’t need to tow or carry gear I would buy a Jimny or maybe a classic Wrangler. If I didn’t want an offroader I would buy any one of thousands of lighter, faster sportier better handling more efficient options.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At least here in the US, there is definitely a portion of the reservation base that is interested in the Grenadier almost exclusively because it costs half of what a G-Wagen costs but looks similar to the average person; or, it looks like a classic Defender, which now costs (here, especially for an updated 110 or a NAS 90) more than a Grenadier.... Or, simply because it'll be something that no one else in that friend circle or neighborhood has.

The capability, ethos, or actual details are of little concern to that group.

@DaveB we are definitely lacking in the "things that want to kill you to human" ratio in comparison to you guys down South; unless you count our fast food restaurants as part of that group

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB we are definitely lacking in the "things that want to kill you to human" ratio in comparison to you guys down South; unless you count our fast food restaurants as part of that group
If you discount the humans who want to kill you of course. I think I will take my chances with the snakes and crocodiles, they are rarer and more predictable.

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
Ground clearance and level/even proportions are a couple of reasons. There are options for some US vehicles that allow for adjustment in the front to allow the rear to remain level as well when more weight is added, after install of a leveling kit.

This topic became more entertaining than expected with the typical opinions of what a vehicle should be, without fully understanding the intent Of the original question... Unfortunate typical forum ignorance in many respects.

Why did appendage get brought into this?

Thanks for the inputs.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Americans have wierd dreams. If I wanted an offroader but didn’t need to tow or carry gear I would buy a Jimny or maybe a classic Wrangler. If I didn’t want an offroader I would buy any one of thousands of lighter, faster sportier better handling more efficient options.
A few years ago I took my nice ute to the hardware store and loaded it up with retaining wall blocks and tiles.
Dropped them off at home then went to the landscape supplies and asked the guy to drop a couple of buckets of soil straight in the back.
He was horrified that I would do that to my nice new truck.
I said it is a ute and no point owning it if it isn't going to earn it's keep.
Ended up with a nice raised garden and a tiled place to put a small table & chairs.
Grenadier will get used too.

1688939207830.png1688939248246.png1688939310215.png

Local time
Reaction score
At least here in the US, there is definitely a portion of the reservation base that is interested in the Grenadier almost exclusively because it costs half of what a G-Wagen costs but looks similar to the average person; or, it looks like a classic Defender, which now costs (here, especially for an updated 110 or a NAS 90) more than a Grenadier.... Or, simply because it'll be something that no one else in that friend circle or neighborhood has.

@anand please elaborate on the demographics you profess knowing as fact?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@anand please elaborate on the demographics you profess knowing as fact?
I was a pro driver at 10 of the 15 US PTO2 tour events and attended 1 of the 2 Canadian events as my "reservation holder" spot. At each event (2-4 days of customer interaction each), I did 13 customer "trips" per day, sometimes a few less if it wasn't fully booked, sometimes a few more if it was overbooked or for special cases. I also (in the same capacity) worked both the East coast and West coast media days. Thus, I'm pretty confident when I say that I have a decent grasp of the reservation holders demographics, feelings, and intentions with the vehicle.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I am pretty sure there will be a large number of people in all countries that will use it to go to the shops/mall more often than going to the extreme corners of the planet.
Good luck to them, it is their money and life so they can do whatever they want.
I think that is the case with 90% of all vehicles

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was a pro driver at 10 of the 14 US PTO2 tour events and attended 1 of the 2 Canadian events as my "reservation holder" spot. At each event (2-4 days of customer interaction each), I did 13 customer "trips" per day, sometimes a few less if it wasn't fully booked, sometimes a few more if it was overbooked or for special cases. I also (in the same capacity) worked both the East coast and West coast media days. Thus, I'm pretty confident when I say that I have a decent grasp of the reservation holders demographics, feelings, and intentions with the vehicle.
Bam!
Out of the park
Home run.

Local time
Reaction score
Bam!
Out of the park
Home run.
Not. Small sample. But I agree most off-road vehicles aren’t used for what they are intended for. Goes the same for high end exotics, etc. But for real, why did this topic become a demographics issue? I’ll continue to use my vehicles as I intend to and could not give less care to the opinions of anyone that thinks how it should be used. anyway, I’ll put on. A lowering kit at my delivery just to poke those that enjoy being right all the time in their own collective minds. And with that, enjoy your delivery.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ground clearance and level/even proportions are a couple of reasons. There are options for some US vehicles that allow for adjustment in the front to allow the rear to remain level as well when more weight is added, after install of a leveling kit.

This topic became more entertaining than expected with the typical opinions of what a vehicle should be, without fully understanding the intent Of the original question... Unfortunate typical forum ignorance in many respects.

Thanks for the inputs.
Will make virtually no difference to ground clearance as the lowest parts of the vehicle are basically diffs. Any marginal increase you might get on approach angle you will likely lose on departure angle but it’s really academic. Looks are fine but if you have to buy a kit to counter the effects of the other kit you added purely for looks I still wonder why you bothered. It’s your vehicle do what you want with it, who am I to get in your way, I have definitely done stuff to vehicles purely for looks, but trying to justify it any other way doesn’t really stand up.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks for the inputs.
Thankfully, this is still legal in NJ.

IMG_0588.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Easier to load stuff in the bed. Makes sense to me. Function over form. 🤣🙄