The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Flaps behind the little grill

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
My Grenadier originally came with a snorkel and the dealer replaced it with a side grill.. Behind the grill are a series of flaps, do they ever open? If so when?

You can kind of see them in this photo:
IMG_7621.jpeg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
My Grenadier originally came with a snorkel and the dealer replaced it with a side grill.. Behind the grill are a series of flaps, do they ever open? If so when?

You can kind of see them in this photo:View attachment 7861152
I think you're looking at the inside of the duct that connects the grill to the air filter housing. There is a bend in the duct so you're probably looking at the inside of the bend. It must be open or your vehicle wouldn't run, or the duct is not connected to the housing :unsure:

Tricky light in your pic. Is that Silver over Queen's Red?

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Clark Kent In the photo there are the horizontal ribs that are part of the plastic piece with the flag etc. If you look through the ribs you can see a vertical flap that appears to be closed. Does that make sense? Its hard to see in this photo...

Oh and it is just Queens Red... The exterior looks silver because I brightened the photo so you can see the inside..

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
@Clark Kent In the photo there are the horizontal ribs that are part of the plastic piece with the flag etc. If you look through the ribs you can see a vertical flap that appears to be closed. Does that make sense? Its hard to see in this photo...

Oh and it is just Queens Red... The exterior looks silver because I brightened the photo so you can see the inside..
I have the Raised Air Intake on my vehicle (RAI) so I can't compare, but logically the air path must be open to the air box.
It could well be a flap or a fixed cover plate for some unknown purpose.
I'm dropping off my vehicle at my dealer this morning. If you don't get a better answer by then I'll look for a vehicle that doesn't have a RAI fitted and check it out.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Raised Air Intake on my vehicle (RAI) so I can't compare, but logically the air path must be open to the air box.
It could well be a flap or a fixed cover plate for some unknown purpose.
I'm dropping off my vehicle at my dealer this morning. If you don't get a better answer by then I'll look for a vehicle that doesn't have a RAI fitted and check it out.

I sent the same question and photo to my dealer and will wait to hear back... It is possible that the actual air intake when you don't have a snorkel is elsewhere and not through the side...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I sent the same question and photo to my dealer and will wait to hear back... It is possible that the actual air intake when you don't have a snorkel is elsewhere and not through the side...
There's no actual flap in there, it is just the ductwork to the airbox. The RAI only changes the intake path from that grille to the top of the windshield; everything "inside" of the grille is exactly the same

Back
Top Bottom