The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First week- window tint all around

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Wife’s new ride replacing her 18+yo FJ Cruiser. Long story about how we picked this one up, but it all worked out.

She is very happy. It’s her daily (but she doesn’t drive much, she walks to work) Seat covers and steps still owed by the dealer. Added Weathertech mats. Probably going to ceramic coat it as it will sit outside.

Tint Stek Nex Series https://www.stek-usa.com/window-tint/nexseries/

70% on the windshield, 35% on the front doors, 20% on rear and cargo area.

In its natural habitat- at lacrosse practice…

Attachments

• IMG_6391.jpeg
    IMG_6391.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 92

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Looks lovely, don’t ruin it by putting in OEM seat covers !! 👍

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why? Is there an issue with them?
They’re a very loose fitting cover. I just installed a set of Tougher seat covers and a dash mat from South Africa. All in they were I’m under $600 delivered and the fit is much better than the OEM ones. Highly recommended.

Tougher

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Why? Is there an issue with them?

Sorry for late reply, but as @MurphyMurph has said they are poor, best advice is cancel them if you can and go for an aftermarket supplier.

There are many threads on here about seat covers and giving alternate suppliers and poor reviews of the OEM ones.

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They’re a very loose fitting cover. I just installed a set of Tougher seat covers and a dash mat from South Africa. All in they were I’m under $600 delivered and the fit is much better than the OEM ones. Highly recommended.

Tougher
Well, I now know what you are talking about- since the covers were included in our purchase it was going to be extremely difficult to back them out of our deal. They are loose for sure. I have Bartact covers in my Bronco and while they are an extreme pain to install, they fit tight.

The Tougher ones look in between the Bartact and the Ineos ones. We are going to try them out. The Bartact are so hard to put on that I don’t take them out to wash. I am hoping the Ineos ones come on and off easy so I can wash them (family wears sunscreen, bug spray
Etc)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently you don't ride a bike in a town. A cyclist needs to make eye contact with drivers at questionable intersections regarding the right of way. Same for car driver's as well. It's dangerous. That's why dark tinting the front door windows is illegal in some states, including mine. When I'm at a four way stop, or not sure of my right of way, and I can't see the driver to get the nod, I simply wait for them to leave before I proceed. It's quite unnerving. People who don't ride either a bicycle or a motorcycle don't understand this and usually don't give a shit.

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently you don't ride a bike in a town. A cyclist needs to make eye contact with drivers at questionable intersections regarding the right of way. Same for car driver's as well. It's dangerous. That's why dark tinting the front door windows is illegal in some states, including mine. When I'm at a four way stop, or not sure of my right of way, and I can't see the driver to get the nod, I simply wait for them to leave before I proceed. It's quite unnerving. People who don't ride either a bicycle or a motorcycle don't understand this and usually don't give a shit.
I ride a motorcycle and my tint meets Washington state law.

S52

Local time
Reaction score
Cyclists will hate you.
Thats a bad thing? At least the hatred will be reciprocal. :D

Where I live in the Bay Area cyclists are arrogant and dangerous. Blow through stop signs, red lights, dip onto and off of the sidewalks as it suits them.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thats a bad thing? At least the hatred will be reciprocal. :D

Where I live in the Bay Area cyclists are arrogant and dangerous. Blow through stop signs, red lights, dip onto and off of the sidewalks as it suits them.
Hey leave the traditional cyclist out of it. Those ppl are fixed gear riders and they are whole different crazy.

Back
Top Bottom