The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ERROR CODE P6401

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Just got the truck back from service. 5,000 mile oil change and first service. I know it is not due until 10,000 but I'm an overachiever and old school. 5,000 miles and all mine get an oil change.

Anywho, been a week maybe two since getting it back. Filled up the tank and the engine light comes on. Immediately, I'm thinking I must not have tightened the gas cap. No dice. I get out the trusty OBD tool and it is throwing the error code P6401, I cannot find any detail related to this code. Anyone have a clue?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Do not clear the code.

Go to your dealer, they will give you a software update.

If you clear the code, you don't get the update.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Just got the truck back from service. 5,000 mile oil change and first service. I know it is not due until 10,000 but I'm an overachiever and old school. 5,000 miles and all mine get an oil change.

Anywho, been a week maybe two since getting it back. Filled up the tank and the engine light comes on. Immediately, I'm thinking I must not have tightened the gas cap. No dice. I get out the trusty OBD tool and it is throwing the error code P6401, I cannot find any detail related to this code. Anyone have a clue?
Or do you mean P0461, fuel overfill code?

Back
Top Bottom