The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eaton ELockers constant power when vehicle turned off?

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
I don't have my Quartermaster yet. I am wondering if I can connect the wire that goes to the switched ignition (blue in the schematic) to the 12v live and power the ELocker if I turn the vehicle off. In my mind, I can take the ignition switched line from the lockers (front and rear), and connect to 12v live. This way they are powered if the vehicle is off, but still controlled by the switch. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I very much doubt the QM or Grenadier is wired like an aftermarket install of the Eaton E-Locker. My assumption looking at the diagram and if the BCM/diff lock module is controlling a relay and not directly connected to the diff lock coil. The ignition supplied through the switch to 86 on the relay will likely be a constant ignition power through a fuse through the relay coil. 85 will be connected to a BCM or diff lock module and switched to ground within the BCM/diff lock module, however this could be opposite and the BCM diff lock module switches power to the diff lock relay. The BCM control for the diff lock will be ignition controlled and have the information from the other systems that will enforce the logic for diff lock engagement, like center lock engaged, low range, engine running etc and the feed backs. The ground for the 8amp diff lock coil will likely have its own ground so not to spike the BCM/diff lock module when the lock switches off. There will be a diode across the relay coil to protect the ECM. Assuming there is a diff lock relay you could give relay pin 86 for the relay a new switched power source and pin 85 ground a new ground disconnected from any ECU control and have the diff locks work like the aftermarket diagram.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed reply. I didn't even consider a BCM or diff lock module being involved. Might have to play around with the relay('s) for the Diff locks, and see if it is BCM controlled.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed reply. I didn't even consider a BCM or diff lock module being involved. Might have to play around with the relay('s) for the Diff locks, and see if it is BCM controlled.
As per a previous comment I made check the current draw for keeping the locker engaged
You might find you go to bed and wake up to a flat battery.

Local time
Reaction score
As per a previous comment I made check the current draw for keeping the locker engaged
You might find you go to bed and wake up to a flat battery.
Like every other new 4x4 there will be a diff lock control module, and this will be the limiting factor for any work arounds without any significant wiring changes.

Back
Top Bottom