The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dog Crates

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
That Hummengineering shelf looks quite nice đź‘Ť

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Simon,
I received an email from Julie at Barjo. She asked if you would contact them and arrange a measurement. Thank
you.
Tim
Good morning / evening Tim - appointment made to measure up etc for Tuesday 10th September.
Will be in touch soon after and Julie will follow with details etc.

Regards Simon

Reactions: PBD

birdogs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is the width of the two together? Are you using an intermediate and large?
Correct on sizes.

It is ~40”

I think if you had 2 Larges it may be slightly too wide - but haven’t actually checked the fit.

I had the back seat folded down for clearance of the large.

Ruffland also makes a SUV slant back kennel that may be good the situation too.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
Correct on sizes.

It is ~40”

I think if you had 2 Larges it may be slightly too wide - but haven’t actually checked the fit.

I had the back seat folded down for clearance of the large.

Ruffland also makes a SUV slant back kennel that may be good the situation too.
Thank you, I'm actually working on calculations for my QM that is on order. Figuring out how things would fit if I did a flat tray/canopy set up.

birdogs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm actually working on calculations for my QM that is on order. Figuring out how things would fit if I did a flat tray/canopy set up.
Sweet. I know lots of people do this with their vehicles.

Depending on how the seats and what is under them will obviously be huge factor on what you build as long as you get it to a flat surface you’ll be good. Maybe take a look around in some Kennel Vehicle Setup type groups on FB for any ideas.

JDickson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Good morning / evening Tim - appointment made to measure up etc for Tuesday 10th September.
Will be in touch soon after and Julie will follow with details etc.

Regards Simon
Thank you! In the meantime I've modified two wire crates to fit. I shortened them, slanted the backs, and cut away the outside corners to accommodate the wheel arches. It is far from ideal and they need to be taller, but will work. We are off to North Dakota to shoot Sharptailed Grouse on Friday. I will let you know how it goes. Also, I tried a ramp for the dogs, but they don't like it. And it is big and bulky. I have a folding 2 step stool that fits atop the crates and is easy to get in and out and open and close. The dogs like it and don't hesitate to kennel on command.

Tim

birdogs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you! In the meantime I've modified two wire crates to fit. I shortened them, slanted the backs, and cut away the outside corners to accommodate the wheel arches. It is far from ideal and they need to be taller, but will work. We are off to North Dakota to shoot Sharptailed Grouse on Friday. I will let you know how it goes. Also, I tried a ramp for the dogs, but they don't like it. And it is big and bulky. I have a folding 2 step stool that fits atop the crates and is easy to get in and out and open and close. The dogs like it and don't hesitate to kennel on command.

Tim

Ruffland makes slant back kennels for SUVs that may work well here. I know a Large and an Intermediate fit fine in the back.

Enjoy ND! Our dogs just got back from their summer on the prairies.

JDickson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Ruffland makes slant back kennels for SUVs that may work well here. I know a Large and an Intermediate fit fine in the back.

Enjoy ND! Our dogs just got back from their summer on the prairies.
ND reports good winter survival but small brood size due to cold, wet Spring. Your impression?

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Tim
Hi Tim - all measured etc. Julie will be in touch. Best regards Simon

Back
Top Bottom