The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diagnostic device

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a 2022 Grenadier here Diesel airbag light is on, I have tried Autel, Launch and Snapon, none will communicate with anything but the engine control module, which diagnostic tool can I use that will see and scan all modules on the Grenadier?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a 2022 Grenadier here Diesel airbag light is on, I have tried Autel, Launch and Snapon, none will communicate with anything but the engine control module, which diagnostic tool can I use that will see and scan all modules on the Grenadier?
There isn’t one yet apparently and you’ve got quite a journey to your nearest dealership I can see 😳

Vote:
Upvote 0

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Have you tried toggling the menu on case it's a software glitch?
From a previous thread:

"toggle the "Passenger Air Bag" function On or Off, do the following:
1. Make sure the Engine is On.
2. Pull the Handbrake on.
3. Go to Settings>Vehicle Functions>Passenger Air Bag Off>.
4. Tuggle the switch to the right (On) or to the left (Off) on the "Passenger Air Bag Off". Then...
5. A pop-up message will appear: "Please press the brake pedal for 3 seconds". Do that, then you'll get...
6. "Operation successful!".

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From a previous thread:

4. Tuggle the switch to the right (On) or to the left (Off) on the "Passenger Air Bag Off". Then...
5. A pop-up message will appear: "Please press the brake pedal for 3 seconds". Do that, then you'll get...
Good point. Mine came back from the dealer the other week with passenger airbag off and had to do exactly that prcedure.

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Also, I'm assuming your vehicle is a 2023, as there were no 2022s... but which country did your vehicle originate from?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still really interested in where @Richalo imported his vehicle from and why you would bring such a vehicle in with no dealer backup ?
I just looked up Turks and Caicos and it seems they drive on the left as in the U.K. but most vehicles are imported from the USA and left hand drive.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
Also, I'm assuming your vehicle is a 2023, as there were no 2022s... but which country did your vehicle originate from?
Hi Yes, it was built in 2022, (pre ordered right in the beginning) Ordered and collected in UK
We were a land Rover Dealer here until Land Rover made the strategic decision to withdraw from the "smaller" markets we still have many requests for NEW Land Rover vehicles, but can not order them.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still really interested in where @Richalo imported his vehicle from and why you would bring such a vehicle in with no dealer backup ?
I just looked up Turks and Caicos and it seems they drive on the left as in the U.K. but most vehicles are imported from the USA and left hand drive.
The dealer in UK, still does not have a Diagnostic tool either, we are totaly willing to buy the Factory Diagnostic tool, as I believe this will not be the only Grenadier on island for too long, also you would be amazed which new vehicles are on island without any dealers, as a former Land Rover Dealer we subscribe to TOPIX and JLR EPC have the official Pathfinder and VCM for the rest we all make do with Autel, Launch, Snap-on diagnostics etc. Its a different Life out here:)

Attachments

• COLLECT & DELIVER INEOS GRENADIER DEC 28 2023 G .jpeg
    COLLECT & DELIVER INEOS GRENADIER DEC 28 2023 G .jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 31
Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
From a previous thread:

I will Give that a try to see, will post if it did the trick

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
There isn’t one yet apparently and you’ve got quite a journey to your nearest dealership I can see 😳
I Just Spoke to the Owner, he is in UK right now, he said he found out that the dealers are using a BOSCH Diagnostic tool, he is going to try to find out which model and if it is specifically loaded with Ineos Grenadier software

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
From a previous thread:

I gave it a go as you laid out above, the process completed and said Operation Successful, did it a few times as the fault remained, but to no avail see fault photo attached and also warning light in cluster in front of steering

Attachments

• AIRBAG ERROR.png
    AIRBAG ERROR.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
It is quite frustrating, especially for people far away from everything (this isn't my case of course) that Ineos doesn't keep its promises that we should have been able to service our cars ourselves, and have access to documentation, dealers nearby, etc.

I really thought that they (Ineos Automotive) would from the beginning provide us with an extraordinary "new" customer oriented approach, something never done by any other car manufacturer.

The contrary has been true, as far as I know:
  • no Bosch Service Centers
  • no access to the technical documentation
  • no possibility to reset fault codes ourselves
And ... they are watching this forum, and never show up, or the very few that showed up, did disappear as fast as they appeared.

Even at my "not 4x4 dedicated dealer", several people watch sometimes this forum. This was confirmed last Monday to me, by a new employee whom I saw only one time some months ago. "Ooh yes, you are the guy who posts sometimes on the forum" :cool:

So, Ineos lurkers: please, change your customer approach!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
I gave it a go as you laid out above, the process completed and said Operation Successful, did it a few times as the fault remained, but to no avail see fault photo attached and also warning light in cluster in front of steering
Perhaps there's just a loose connection somewhere. But if so, without further knowledge it would seem the dealer is the only solution.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it was mine. I would disconnect the battery by removing negative lead for at least 10 minutes. But first of all, make sure the dashboard is totally a sleep by opening and propping open the bonnet and wait until all lights go off. When you reconnect, for the first few minutes all sorts of warning lights come on but don’t worry it’s cycling through them all and will extinguish.

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
I Just Spoke to the Owner, he is in UK right now, he said he found out that the dealers are using a BOSCH Diagnostic tool, he is going to try to find out which model and if it is specifically loaded with Ineos Grenadier software
It uses Bosch Grade-X with an Ineos twist, however, requires a specific log in/password

Vote:
Upvote 0

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps there's just a loose connection somewhere. But if so, without further knowledge it would seem the dealer is the only solution.

I wouldn't poke around the airbag itself but @Tazzieman may have the right idea. Consider carefully looking at the connections under the seat.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom