The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Custom receiver hitch cover plate

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Had some spare time so I fabricated a cover plate for the receiver hitch as I always felt it looked a little unfinished when not in use. Working on a version with a red lambda and will post pictures when I have it finished. Just a fun little project for the Grenny.

Finished version 2.0 with the red lambda… I think it turned out not too bad for a beginner see pictures below:

Attachments

• IMG_3980.jpeg
    IMG_3980.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3982.jpeg
    IMG_3982.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3984.jpeg
    IMG_3984.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3983.jpeg
    IMG_3983.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would like two in red. One for the front and the rear.
If folks are genuinely interested and with enough willing to commit I could see about getting a larger batch made through a local machine shop. I’d go as far as getting them CNC’d out of billet aluminum and powder coated for a better finish. The ones pictured here were just for fun and I built them by hand so I guess I could call these prototypes of sorts.

Anyway, let’s see if others are interested by posting here and if it looks promising we can get some made for folks as I’d be happy to do it for fellow Grenny owners.

Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
If folks are genuinely interested and with enough willing to commit I could see about getting a larger batch made through a local machine shop. I’d go as far as getting them CNC’d out of billet aluminum and powder coated for a better finish. The ones pictured here were just for fun and I built them by hand so I guess I could call these prototypes of sorts.

Anyway, let’s see if others are interested by posting here and if it looks promising we can get some made for folks as I’d be happy to do it for fellow Grenny owners.
I’m in.

Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Two for me. The design with the red Lambda is spot on for the Grenadier. I built my car with hitches in the front and rear.

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Looks great and I'd buy it in a heartbeat! One stupid question....what size screws did you use to attach to the tow plate? I can't figure it out.

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great and I'd buy it in a heartbeat! One stupid question....what size screws did you use to attach to the tow plate? I can't figure it out.
There are six threaded holes on the stock hitch plate. The top four are M12 x 1.75 and I believe the bottom two are M16 x 2.0. I used the middle two for attaching the cover and the bolt length used was 30mm. Note that the threaded holes on the hitch will not allow the bolt to thread all the way through (at least on my vehicle it didn't) so you'll have to be quite specific on the bolt length for whatever you are attaching to the hitch.

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Okay, it looks like some interest is slowly building. Give me a bit of time to see what the best production options are and figure out some pricing and I’ll post back what I find out. Much appreciated folks!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Okay, it looks like some interest is slowly building. Give me a bit of time to see what the best production options are and figure out some pricing and I’ll post back what I find out. Much appreciated folks!
You might want to hit up @BenTN as he was instrumental in creation and build of the light brackets. He also is heading up the Grenadier works group.

Back
Top Bottom