The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Curry Ineos Grenadier of Danbury (previously Thread for the Tri State Dealer as yet unannounced)

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
My hotspot is never on. I don't get the service as part of my unlimited Verizon plan. So that should have nothing to do with it. If you go to settings, general, CarPlay, do you see the Grenadier on the list? Hit "forget this car"
Not the hotspot on your phone, the hotspot on your car.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
U getting snowtomorrow?
Seems we are, I thought it was just our area locally, but seems its a small weather event affecting a majority of my route tomorrow (Cooperstown NY to Danbury Ct) Still going tho!

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To those that have taken delivery from Curry. Does Curry offer dealer add on options the way Rusnak does?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To those that have taken delivery from Curry. Does Curry offer dealer add on options the way Rusnak does?
I’m not sure how Rusnak does the dealer add on options, but it was confirmed by Michael at Curry today that there is no additional cost for installation of any of the dealer installed options

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not sure how Rusnak does the dealer add on options, but it was confirmed by Michael at Curry today that there is no additional cost for installation of any of the dealer installed options
I believe @RobS is talking about the various add on services that Rusnak offers (vinyl application, PPF, windshield protection, tint, etc)

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After a 3.5 hour drive in todays snow storm my wife and I arrived at Curry for our On-road test drive...

Michael Fiore greeted us and gave us a walk through of the vehicle on the showroom floor (I have had the opportunity to gawk at these beauties in person at two separate PTO Tour events, but this was my wife's first time seeing one in person)
This floor model (Sold and waiting to be picked up) had the front mounted hitch, which was my first chance to see in the flesh (steel?) and was glad as I have ordered one on mine and never saw it on the PTO models.

The test ride was in a Fieldmaster and I won't reiterate in detail what has been said many times before about the vehicle as a whole, but will focus on my on-road perceptions (My Off-Road Experience from the PTO Events were noted HERE):
-The ride is a bit stiffer than anticipated, however it is poised, sure footed and handled the slushy/snowy conditions without a fuss.
-Visibility is Great...until you use the rearview mirror. I couldn't care less, just how it is with the split doors and spare tire.
-Steering was fun! I enjoy a vehicle that requires some input and after a couple turns I was having fun
-1st gear is LOW (in 4H) and takes right off
-Power was better than any vehicle I've owned, but I couldn't really get on it with the crappy road conditions.
-The Off-Road ethos and layout of this vehicle was prioritized over most anything. I realize this is one of the complicated aspects of the Grenadier that makes it difficult to compare and cross shop with other cars.
-Overall, It is so damn unique and I Love It! With Mine in transit across the Atlantic I'm just eagerly awaiting its arrival like many here.

I asked about test driving a 2024 model with the ADAS, and to my surprise Michael agreed and grabbed one of the canceled orders (Trialmaster). We just did a quick loop so that I could get a taste of this much discussed over speed warning. When you first exceed the speed limit the image of the speed limit sign will flash for a few seconds, and then...Click Click Click Click. I had been expecting it to be the same noise level of the directional, but it was a fair bit louder and it came across the audio speakers (Im 99% sure). It's a bit annoying but really easy to disable. The FAV button had been programmed to shortcut to the menu for disabling this function and we did this while driving quite easily. In my short term experience it was 'Much Ado About Nothing' given the current remedy.

Tid-Bits I learned from my discussion with Michael today:
-MCO's are trickling in at a snails pace with the hope/expectation that this will pick up shortly (Currently it is holding up the customer delivery of dozens of vehicles at the dealership, I was shocked at the number of Grens on site)
-Approx 15 canceled vehicle orders are on site and available for sale (Not sure about their MCO status). They sold 5 on Saturday alone to non-reservation holders
-Current order cancelation rate is about 10-15%
-A software update for the Hitch electrics is expected in a matter of 3-4 weeks
-A software update is in the works for the ADAS Overspeed warning, but likely won't be ready when the Hitch update is ready
-No Charge for accessory install (Including the non-reservation holders that picked up canceled orders)
-If you don't want a DEALER accessory installed they will hold off if you elect and let them know (I have concerns about the install of the checker plates being riveted into the body and would rather install them myself with an adhesive back of some sort, I was told this is fine)
-MSRP + $1,600 Delivery + $699 Doc Fee (Yes high, but not deal breaker) + $700 collected for Registration Fees (Any remainder of this is refunded to you)

Then a 3.5 drive back in even worse snowy road conditions, wishing the whole time it was in a Grenadier...🍻

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For what it’s worth @NoMoTaco the fender plates are attached with both adhesive and rivets. You can see the installation instructions HERE

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For what it’s worth @NoMoTaco the fender plates are attached with both adhesive and rivets. You can see the installation instructions HERE
These fitting instructions are great! Cool resource. My main concern is the drilling through the lovely paint and body work and risk of corrosion working its way in.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
These fitting instructions are great! Cool resource. My main concern is the drilling through the lovely paint and body work and risk of corrosion working its way in.
I agree, I have optioned the checker plate and will opt to install them myself. If I opt to drill into the fender I will seal and paint the drill holes a couple times to help prevent corrosion. I will also order black anodized aluminum rivets and use them vs the silver ones the dealers are using as that would be a cleaner look for me, although the silver ones have a bit of an industrial look to them, which is also nice looking. I might consider using small rivnuts along with black counter sunk hex screws as they would be easier to remove than a rivet. DaBull

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also took delivery last week and In terms of fees:

MSRP
$1600 destination and delivery (this item is listed and actually included as a part of MSRP from Ineos)
$699 taxable fees (fees charged by curry dealership and some vendor they used to do all the paper work and vehicle registration, for all cash deal without trade-in, it is $100 less: $599 )
$799 non taxable fees (fees used to cover DMV registration, license plate, and title depending on the state, any left over will be refunded back to you)

It was a bit of rush for me to get insurance at last minute, I tried Statefarm (which requires at least three days before the insurance takes effect) and Geico (doesn’t recognize VIN number from Ineos, will require some email exchange with an agent to sort things out). I ended up using Progressive at the end, as I was able to do everything online and it picked up the VIN right away and issued my insurance card in 10 minutes. However, the premium for the insurance is $1550 for 6-month (NYC area). I hope that I will be able to find something cheaper in the future.

The delivery process was smooth and Curry did a great job to make it easy. The whole process took lesser than one hour.

I absolutely love the car, will document my experience after I have put some miles on it. But on my trip home, I did see some warning lights popping up and then disappearing. At the time, I didn’t know what that meant and was a bit worried. But that warning light turned out to be the indicator for front camera being obstructed, it has been mentioned and discussed in other threads in depth.

For the accessories, Curry didn’t have side runner in stock, will need to arrange a time to go back and have it installed.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When mine arrive, I plan on expoxying either the cut off rivet heads or stainless bolt heads to the checker plates, then install the plates with 3m strips.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When mine arrive, I plan on expoxying either the cut off rivet heads or stainless bolt heads to the checker plates, then install the plates with 3m strips.
You and @DaBull have presented some great alternatives, I like em!

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@RobS I reached out to Michael Fiore at Curry regarding your question....

Me..."Does Curry offer any after market exterior PPF wraps, vehicle decals, ceramic coating, or application of glass protection products?"

His Reply..."We don't offer any of those services in house. There is a local shop called Gotham auto that has done work for us in the past, but we would have to schedule it through them."

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@RobS I reached out to Michael Fiore at Curry regarding your question....

Me..."Does Curry offer any after market exterior PPF wraps, vehicle decals, ceramic coating, or application of glass protection products?"

His Reply..."We don't offer any of those services in house. There is a local shop called Gotham auto that has done work for us in the past, but we would have to schedule it through them."
That is really great of you to ask. Thank you. In that case, I’ll just have a local place do the work I’m considering.

adamrochlin

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My hotspot is never on. I don't get the service as part of my unlimited Verizon plan. So that should have nothing to do with it. If you go to settings, general, CarPlay, do you see the Grenadier on the list? Hit "forget this car"
I will be at Curry tomorrow for my On-road test drive. If there is any questions or information that the forum members want me to run by the staff let me know.

Im going to ask (even though I think I know the answer) if there is a 2024 model with the ADAS available to be test driven.
how many contacts does your phone have? Give the system time to load all the contacts and then it should be ok.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve tried to pair CarPlay dozens of times. All no go. Based on the fact I was told at pick-up that some vehicles do require a technology reset and they have to report this back to Ineos, I’m putting this off until my first dealer visit.

Back
Top Bottom