The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Compass/ Altimeter retrofit?

JVB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased a second Grenadier from dealer stock. On my other one I have an altimeter that I like. Does anyone know if one can be retrofitted and where to get one? My sales rep at the dealership did not know. Thanks!

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
I wanted that darn compass so badly! During the buying process I asked if that could be added and I think it would cost $1200. They said they had to remove the dash and that it was a real pain to do afterwards.

I want to mount one on my dash but am clueless as far as choosing the right one.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
I have heard it is a pain to remove/replace; I would also imagine that the harness is not present for it, although I could be completely wrong about that aspect

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My 2 cents, although it looks cool, I hardly ever even glance at it anymore and probably would chose to save the money now rather than option it. For whatever reason the backlight on it seems to be backwards, bright when the headlights are on and dim when the headlights are off. Because of this, it's really hard to see during the day.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
My 2 cents, although it looks cool, I hardly ever even glance at it anymore and probably would chose to save the money now rather than option it. For whatever reason the backlight on it seems to be backwards, bright when the headlights are on and dim when the headlights are off. Because of this, it's really hard to see during the day.
All of this ^^^^

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There's an altimeter in the Atitude window of the Offroad menu. A compass too if you can read a bearing.🤷‍♂️

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
I wanted that darn compass so badly! During the buying process I asked if that could be added and I think it would cost $1200. They said they had to remove the dash and that it was a real pain to do afterwards.

I want to mount one on my dash but am clueless as far as choosing the right one.
Just go into offroad mode and select one of these two screens
Everything you need and it is free
1727658490526.png1727658507132.png

JVB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Just think it looks cool and have it on one of my vehicles but not 1200 dollars cool :)

Did not know about the Menu option, it looks great!

Back
Top Bottom