The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Compass/Altimeter lighting level

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
I’m slowly finding my way around my new grenadier and enjoying it very much so far. One thing that I’ve not worked out yet though is how to adjust the lighting level on the compass/altimeter. At present it’s ok to read in the dark but very difficult to see in daylight and the instrument and screen lighting adjustments don’t seem to do anything to the compass. Can anyone enlighten me (pardon the pun!)

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
There is some history (but no fix) about this issue on this forum. At least the duplicate altimeter reading (but not compass heading) can be continuously displayed at the top of the main display screen.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does everyone else have the same issue seeing the compass?
About all I usually see (in daylight) are the big letters such as N, E, S, and W.
Digital readout is only visible at night (glad this isn’t an aircraft).

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is some history (but no fix) about this issue on this forum. At least the duplicate altimeter reading (but not compass heading) can be continuously displayed at the top of the main display screen.
Yep, the lighting is backwards, if headlights are on, backlight for the compass is bright. If headlights are off, backlight is dim. No menu option to change it that I have found.

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
I’m reassured that mine isn’t any more duff than anyone else’s but it’s disappointing you can’t read it in daylight.

Back
Top Bottom