The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour percentage on orders taken

Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
In the most recent brochure released, a new color has joined the group

Attachments

• IMG_8098.jpeg
    IMG_8098.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 5

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
In the most recent brochure released, a new color has joined the group
Yes, I nearly switched my order to Devils Red when it became available in June. However, I decided against it because I didn't want to be mistaken for a Royal Mail van. I still have a picture of the build I created before deciding to stick with Eldorat Blue.
1727271077462.png

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I nearly switched my order to Devils Red when it became available in June. However, I decided against it because I didn't want to be mistaken for a Royal Mail van. I still have a picture of the build I created before deciding to stick with Eldorat Blue.
View attachment 7871087
You definitely would not be mistaken for a male van here in the US, but your configuration looks really cool with the contrast black roof and wheels

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Always surprises me that red cars are not more popular. The contrasting black roof would be a “must have” for me, to break it up and it does look good.

Do modern red vehicles still suffer with the paint oxidising and going cloudy and milky. A real pain for anyone who wasn’t fastidious about keeping their vehicle clean and a bit of a polish every now and again.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Always surprises me that red cars are not more popular. The contrasting black roof would be a “must have” for me, to break it up and it does look good.

Do modern red vehicles still suffer with the paint oxidising and going cloudy and milky. A real pain for anyone who wasn’t fastidious about keeping their vehicle clean and a bit of a polish every now and again.
That problem was around the early 90's when the lead was removed, it seems to have been improved since. Wife's 2019 red car is still looking OK and it's never been garaged. My 05 car I had for a few years was OK too. It's the grey/black plastics that worry me the most with fading or discolouration.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That problem was around the early 90's when the lead was removed, it seems to have been improved since. Wife's 2019 red car is still looking OK and it's never been garaged. My 05 car I had for a few years was OK too. It's the grey/black plastics that worry me the most with fading or discolouration.

The black plastics fading has always happened and there are some really good products these days to keep them looking great and black. The good ones will last for months after one application. Never tried it myself but an electric heat gun or hair dryer is supposed to be good for bringing plastics back to a new-ish look and get rid of the faded look.

These are well rated as a wipe and forget method;

Back
Top Bottom