The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coil Springs (specs v build)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
And if anyone is wondering where the +30mm Eibach springs fit into this, I asked them and got this response today:

"The kit that is for no winch vehicles for the front is roughly in the middle of the table and the rear is towards the bottom of the end of the table. It will fit and work on all models that don’t have a winch but the lighter vehicles will get more of a lift up to 30mm.

The kit that is for winch vehicles both front and rear are towards the bottom ends of the tables. Again this kit will fit all the models that have a winch and will have more of a lift of up to 30mm on the lighter vehicles.”

Thread 'Eibach Pro-Lift Kit ~ +30mm coil springs' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/eibach-pro-lift-kit-30mm-coil-springs.12412781/

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I should have mentioned it has a tow pack. Does that make a difference?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Only on the amount of air you may need to put in the tyres...😜

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Well it's not a huge data set, but so far we have 5 different combinations of front/rear spring sets. In ascending order of spring rate:

View attachment 7826244
Here's mine: (I wonder what determines blue rear.. I would have liked this option)

2 red dots front
2 red triangles rear
Aus, M1, Trial, 5 seats, diesel, winch, roo bar, side steps, aux batt, alloy 17".

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DCI think the towbar / towpack may be relevant for the table. Its likely a major factor in the rear springs

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DCI think the towbar / towpack may be relevant for the table. Its likely a major factor in the rear springs
I'll add it and update the table. 👍

Edit: although there's a lot of rugby on today... 🏉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DCPU, I can give the details for my Trialmaster which I will get back next week.
Front Green (round) Rear Blue (triangle). Uk, M1 Trialmaster, 5 seats,Diesel, no winch or too bars, yes to side steps and tow bar, 17" steel and BFG.
Very similar to my spec and on the same springs. (y)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A few additions to the data set, added in tow package, and we still have 5 different combinations of front/rear spring sets. In ascending order of spring rate:
Eibach spring rates analysis.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We definitely need more data...

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That list would be a lot more clearer for the front if @Logsplitter had the red springs as it appears to be the odd one out.

More examples certainly are needed, but if I was @Logsplitter I would be raising it with Ineos that it looks like I have got the wrong springs, and please explain or fix

Edit - it may be a similar story for the rear also with tow pack. I dont see any "yes" without the blue rears, except @Logsplitter again.

Edit 2 Sorry scratch that @gkhaldi does, still not an invalid thought, if there is one stuff up, there could be more

Last edited:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Some more data …

Front - Red
Rear - Green
Market - Aus
Type - N1
Edition - Trial
Seats - 2
Engine - Diesel
Winch - Yes
Roobar - No
Cill - Sliders
Aux Batt - Yes
Wheels - 17 steel BFG
Towbar - Yes

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant.

Here a blank template to encourage others (cut & paste):

Front -
Rear -
Market -
Type -
Edition -
Seats -
Engine -
Winch -
Roobar -
Cill -
Aux Batt -
Wheels -
Towbar -

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
more info needed but could be that mine is the only 2 seat petrol with a winch on the list so far
I think the only conclusion I'd tentively offer at the moment is petrol owners seem less likely to take their wheels off or get dirty crawling underneath? 😉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm timed out of editing this post now:
Post in thread 'Coil Springs (specs v build)' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/coil-springs-specs-v-build.12412069/post-1333212501

But this morning, I've received a reply from the individual I fired the original question to:

(The question: "Sorry to trouble you again, but this information [both front & rear axle tables were attached] on the standard height Eibach springs fitted to the Ineos Grenadier has been made public. I'm wondering whether you are able to tell me where the +30mm fit in terms of this table?")

Screenshot_20230911_092829.jpg

Last edited:
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
I Think there is a mistake in the certifikate:
The specified maximum height of the coupling ball above the road surface with the permissible total
weight of the vehicle (acc. DIN 74058) is 420 mm

The coupling ball is already higher than 420mm in the standard equipment. Or am I wrong ?
Eibach imposes restrictions here that do not apply as standard to an off-road vehicle (type M1G or N1G).

Sorry, i found it only in German (in the Unimog-Community):

Correction: in english here: https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/b0db9c8f-66a1-4dcf-873c-4e842b1bcecc
On Page 54 Point 2.1 and 2.1.1:

This requirement shall not apply to off-road vehicles as
defined in Annex II to Directive 92/53/EEC

4. GELÄNDEFAHRZEUGE (Symbol G)
4.1. Fahrzeuge der Klasse N1 mit einer zulässigen Gesamtmasse von nicht mehr als 2 Tonnen und Fahrzeuge der Klasse M1 gelten als Geländefahrzeuge, wenn sie wie folgt ausgestattet sind:
  1. -mit mindestens einer Vorderachse und mindestens einer Hinterachse, die so ausgelegt sind, dass sie gleichzeitig angetrieben werden können, wobei der Antrieb einer Achse abschaltbar sein kann;
  • -mit mindestens einer Differenzialsperre oder mindestens einer Einrichtung, die eine ähnliche Wirkung gewährleistet; als Einzelfahrzeug müssen sie eine Steigung von 30 % überwinden können, nachgewiesen durch Berechnung.
Außerdem müssen sie mindestens fünf der folgenden sechs Anforderungen erfüllen:
  1. -der vordere Überhangwinkel muss mindestens 25 Grad betragen,
  • -der hintere Überhangwinkel muss mindestens 20 Grad betragen,
  • -der Rampenwinkel muss mindestens 20 Grad betragen,
  • -die Bodenfreiheit unter der Vorderachse muss mindestens 180 mm betragen,
  • -die Bodenfreiheit unter der Hinterachse muss mindestens 180 mm betragen,
  • -die Bodenfreiheit zwischen den Achsen muss mindestens 200 mm betragen.
4.2. Fahrzeuge der Klasse N1 mit einer zulässigen Gesamtmasse von mehr als 2 Tonnen sowie Fahrzeuge der Klassen N2 und M2 und der Klasse M3 mit einer zulässigen Gesamtmasse von nicht mehr als 12 Tonnen gelten als
Geländefahrzeuge, wenn alle Räder gleichzeitig angetrieben werden können, wobei der Antrieb einer Achse abschaltbar sein kann, oder wenn die drei folgenden Anforderungen erfüllt sind:
  1. -Mindestens eine Vorderachse und mindestens eine Hinterachse sind so ausgelegt, dass sie gleichzeitig angetrieben werden können, wobei der Antrieb einer Achse abschaltbar sein kann,
  • -es ist mindestens eine Differenzialsperre oder mindestens eine Einrichtung vorhanden, die eine ähnliche Wirkung gewährleistet;
  • -als Einzelfahrzeug müssen sie eine Steigung von 25 % überwinden können, nachgewiesen durch Berechnung.

Last edited:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, i found it only in German (in the Unimog-Community):
A Deepl translation:

4. off-road vehicles (symbol G)

4.1. vehicles of category N1 with a maximum authorised mass not exceeding 2 tonnes and vehicles of category M1 are considered to be off-road vehicles if they are equipped as follows:

-with at least one front axle and at least one rear axle designed to be driven simultaneously, it being possible to disengage the drive of one axle;

-with at least one differential lock or at least one device ensuring a similar effect; as a single vehicle, they must be capable of negotiating a gradient of 30 %, as demonstrated by calculation.

They must also meet at least five of the following six requirements:

-the front overhang angle must be at least 25 degrees,

-the rear overhang angle must be at least 20 degrees,

-the ramp angle must be at least 20 degrees,

-the ground clearance under the front axle must be at least 180 mm,

-the ground clearance under the rear axle must be at least 180 mm,

4.2 Vehicles of category N1 with a maximum authorised mass exceeding 2 tonnes and vehicles of categories N2 and M2 and of category M3 with a maximum authorised mass not exceeding 12 tonnes are considered to be

off-road vehicles if all the wheels can be driven simultaneously, it being possible for the drive on one axle to be disengaged, or if the following three requirements are met:

-at least one front axle and at least one rear axle are designed to be driven simultaneously, and the drive of one axle may be disengageable,

-at least one differential lock or at least one device ensuring a similar effect is provided;

-as a single vehicle, they must be capable of negotiating a gradient of 25 %, demonstrated by calculation. -the ground clearance between the axles must be at least 200 mm.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Front -19546 green dots
Rear -21752 blue triangles
Market -uk
Type -non commercial
Edition -trialmaster
Seats -5