The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coil spring air suspension

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
I've got the 30 mm Eibach spring kit and will be installing it soon but I want to get my ducks in a row first. I'm looking at adding in coil air suspension/bags to help level things off when towing - makes things much safer being level. Not looking for anything automatic/requiring electronics. Just a simple air value. Has anyone done this?

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
I've got the 30 mm Eibach spring kit and will be installing it soon but I want to get my ducks in a row first. I'm looking at adding in coil air suspension/bags to help level things off when towing - makes things much safer being level. Not looking for anything automatic/requiring electronics. Just a simple air value. Has anyone done this?
Did you end up installing anything yet? I too am looking at solutions. It looks like everything in Aus is built around the std springs.

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Yes mate, TJM fitted “Air Bag Man High Pressure” to standard springs. Makes a world of improvement when towing van, around 280kg of ball weight. Highly recommend.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Yes mate, TJM fitted “Air Bag Man High Pressure” to standard springs. Makes a world of improvement when towing van, around 280kg of ball weight. Highly recommend.
Do you have a product code for those airbags please. A perfect solution for when I’m traveling and heavily loaded as I like the current set up when empty or lightly loaded.

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the kit they fitted for me. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the kit they fitted for me. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Thanks for that. Do you have raised suspension.? I’ve just looked up their website and found a different model no for standard height suspension

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Do you have raised suspension.? I’ve just looked up their website and found a different model no for standard height suspension
Where does it say that? The link is for the high pressure bags.

Ex-defender driver

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Logsplitter,

I have the standard springs and airbags fitted which work great and I want to instal the Eibach lift. So Ive emailed Airbag man to see if my standard height bags will work with the lift. Let you know if I get an answer.

Richard

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ dime80 Has CR5040HP and the airbag man site says CR5177HP for standard spring Grenadier.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been in touch with 4x4 works U.K. who are U.K. importers of airbag man kit and they are quoting part/kit no CR5177HP for the Grenadier on standard springs so I’ll go with that. 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered from 4x4 works U.K. three to four week lead time as coming from Australia

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi mate. Apologies. Been of line. Just reviewed details on my invoice. The below is what was installed to my IG that has no suspension mods. Hope your install goes well.
CR5177HP - Air Suspension Helper Kit for Coil Springs High Pressure

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi mate. Apologies. Been of line. Just reviewed details on my invoice. The below is what was installed to my IG that has no suspension mods. Hope your install goes well.
CR5177HP - Air Suspension Helper Kit for Coil Springs High Pressure
Great. That’s the same as I’ve ordered
How are they when empty and alternately when full loaded. What pressures are you using.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
@GrenX who is very active on these forums, sells some. I'm in the process of buying these but don't have them yet:

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
@GrenX who is very active on these forums, sells some. I'm in the process of buying these but don't have them yet:

Looking forward to hearing more on these. All of the generic air bag makers in the US I have searched so far do not make tall enough bags for the Gren springs with the 30mm lift.

Ex-defender driver

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted Airbag man asking about a 30mm lift and the standard bags - they said they dont have a bag yet for the 30mm lift but standard height bags could possibly work but they need to know the following:

Spring seat to seat height at ride height of the new lifted springs.
Coil internal diameter.

They inferred that it could be a case of using a spacer with the standard bag.

If anyone on the forum has the lift maybe we could get the details to them. Though I guess those dimensions depend on the load carried when measured so all or any accessories etc.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing more on these. All of the generic air bag makers in the US I have searched so far do not make tall enough bags for the Gren springs with the 30mm lift.
I have air bags available for both standard height and eibach pro lift springs shipping to USA is $80 AUD

Attachments

• IMG_4081.jpeg
    IMG_4081.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4077.jpeg
    IMG_4077.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4075.jpeg
    IMG_4075.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted Airbag man asking about a 30mm lift and the standard bags - they said they dont have a bag yet for the 30mm lift but standard height bags could possibly work but they need to know the following:

Spring seat to seat height at ride height of the new lifted springs.
Coil internal diameter.

They inferred that it could be a case of using a spacer with the standard bag.

If anyone on the forum has the lift maybe we could get the details to them. Though I guess those dimensions depend on the load carried when measured so all or any accessories etc.
We have kits for standard height and eibach prolift lift springs with heavy duty 60psi rated bags. You can call me or PM me.

Ex-defender driver

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
We have kits for standard height and eibach prolift lift springs with heavy duty 60psi rated bags. You can call me or PM me.

Thanks. Very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom