The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Check your NATO plug

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi!

I would recommend you all to check if your NATO plug opens or is stuck. Mine was stuck. Myself, a car workshop and my local Ineos dealer all tried to open it and failed.

The dealer reported the issue to Ineos and they agreed it needed changing. They had to create the articles for the spare parts as they did not exist yet.

Anyways, now it’s changed and works again.

I should add that I found the same problem on 4 other Grenadiers.

I should also add that the same issue happened with the lockable spare wheel box which needed to have the lock replaced.

My feeling is that this is a problem due to corrosion from salt but who knows.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
20240705_094818.jpg
Mine continues to get stuck. I'll smear copious amounts of grease onto the threads this time.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi!

I would recommend you all to check if your NATO plug opens or is stuck. Mine was stuck. Myself, a car workshop and my local Ineos dealer all tried to open it and failed.

The dealer reported the issue to Ineos and they agreed it needed changing. They had to create the articles for the spare parts as they did not exist yet.

I should also add that the same issue happened with the lockable spare wheel box which needed to have the lock replaced.

My lid was smooth-running right from the start. My dealer checked every little detail before delivery. Even this lid.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi!

I have to use the same trick (pliers) to be able to open it. There was water inside my NATO plug and oxidation. I already mentioned that on the forum in the past.
My dealer told me they would replace it, but didn't.
I don't use the NATO plug, but the same power circuit cables are used for the front winch.
Therefore, water in the NATO plug = short circuit = winch not working!
I check it always before travelling!

Back
Top Bottom