The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ceiling Cross Bars to Hang Stuff

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make cross bars that would hook into the slotted holes on the sides of the ceiling. I would like to hang my fly rod tubes under them and have them removable.
sitting here with a cup of coffee reading your post.. "dang!!" 🤓great idea! Easy fix with an expanding wardrobe/closet rail (from a "big box" hardware chain) suitably modified to slot into place. Another Grenadier project !!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
What does a purpose built part that fits into that roof mount look like? It seems very designed for something specific? Just didn't want to re-invent the wheel on the hardware interface.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
That’s for the factory partition I believe.

There is a 3D printable “bung” that will fit in there. I’ll track down the link later but there’s an STL file here somewhere.

MickyWadds

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make cross bars that would hook into the slotted holes on the sides of the ceiling. I would like to hang my fly rod tubes under them and have them removable.
I have been looking for something that would works for months in those slots. No luck as well.

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion here, I ordered the recommended clothes hanger rods for my truck and in theory, they would connect to the opposite support slots in the ceiling.
However you actually have to take off one of the rubber stoppers with hooks on them and fit it into the opposite slot and attach it to the rod with a screw and nut.
I removed the steel loops and used a screw and nut to replace them and make the install possible.
I have since ordered a Trxstle Telescopic Fly Rod tube to hang from these.
They’re working smoothly already. Here’s some pics for you,
Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 8