The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bull bar

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
A great pity it is steel. I get some people actually want it to protect against wildlife but i wonder if it makes any difference if you hit a big roo at 100kph. i simply want to mount fishing rod holders. Taking them off and on all the time will chip the paint and being steel it will rust.
Maybe just speak to a company like ECB and get an aftermarket alloy bar?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
A great pity it is steel. I get some people actually want it to protect against wildlife but i wonder if it makes any difference if you hit a big roo at 100kph. i simply want to mount fishing rod holders. Taking them off and on all the time will chip the paint and being steel it will rust.
You will find that there will be aftermarket bars and your needs might be amongst some of these...just might be an alloy nudge bar that could do the trick...happy motoring

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Very sad to hear what you shaw, was it night or day? Traveling Australia is safest during the day. Bull bars were designed to push the beast down not up...some bars now will propel up and over but my option is to travel in daylight and take my chances of being able to read what the beast if any is about to do...kangaroos do not jump backward which is a good start...emus are radical...wombats are speed bumps that can roll you...a mice plague can be like driving on ice when the numbers are huge...steel is the only option at night and push it down not up...happy motoring
Was at night.

Only drama about being on the road during the day are grey nomads and thier caravans🤦‍♂️

Local time
Reaction score
No antenna mounts on bullbar that I saw, although to be honest I wasn’t looking out for them.
There need to be some antenna mounting lugs welded onto the Roo Bar to cater for both UHF and HF Auto tune antenna. They should be located on the Left Hand Side for RH Drive vehicles and the opposite for LHD vehicles.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There need to be some antenna mounting lugs welded onto the Roo Bar to cater for both UHF and HF Auto tune antenna. They should be located on the Left Hand Side for RH Drive vehicles and the opposite for LHD vehicles.
Aluminium mounting brackets are probably a better option anyway Les although they don't look as integrated. I've always found the manufacturers put the permanent ones in the wrong spot anyway, and they are in the way if you want to mount rod holders etc. The biggest issue I see with the front end design, high beam lights etc is mounting spotties - looks like a light bar mounted somewhere will be the option instead of twin spotlights. Just need to work out how to mount it on the bar, as I'm not keen on putting it on the roof.

Local time
Reaction score
Aluminium mounting brackets are probably a better option anyway Les although they don't look as integrated. I've always found the manufacturers put the permanent ones in the wrong spot anyway, and they are in the way if you want to mount rod holders etc. The biggest issue I see with the front end design, high beam lights etc is mounting spotties - looks like a light bar mounted somewhere will be the option instead of twin spotlights. Just need to work out how to mount it on the bar, as I'm not keen on putting it on the roof.
That could be the answer but Ive
never had the brackets before and the weight of the Auto Tune may cause the brackets to move a little, but worth a go. Gave up night driving years ago so wont worry about the spoties.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked if there would be any tabs or mounting holes on the bull bar and they said no.
Most driving lights come with mounts that wrap around the bars these days and they said that whatever they put on the bar would probably be wrong size, location or type for some people.

Local time
Reaction score
I asked if there would be any tabs or mounting holes on the bull bar and they said no.
Most driving lights come with mounts that wrap around the bars these days and they said that whatever they put on the bar would probably be wrong size, location or type for some people.
Dave they (Ineos) could ask ARB where to put them as they have been doing it for years. In facts, ARB would probably make the whole Bar for tham if they asked.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You do have to question how strong the bullbar is if it’s just a bolt on item, hardly smart tech like crushcans etc on ARB bars.
I’ve ofter seen the similar bullbars on defenders and wondered if they are really just token bits of pipe to hang old style water bags from. Side loops not attached to anything on the dges etc. Ever hit anything with one of them Les??
I suppose they’re better than those ridiculous thin metal rival bumper replacement things that “look good” but would do shit all in an animal strike scenario.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dave they (Ineos) could ask ARB where to put them as they have been doing it for years. In facts, ARB would probably make the whole Bar for tham if they asked.
ARB and TJM will be making all sorts of aftermarket equipment for the Grenadier...you might find they have been issued with drawings from Ineos...Ineos is encouraging it to happen...happy motoring

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to get some close ups of the bar and how it was mounted
It isn't attached to the bumper, it bolts through the bumper onto the main chassis of the vehicle
The plastic bungs shown on the front cover the holes that allow you to get a socket in to the bolts.
I swung off them and I am a reasonable load.
For the number plate you need to pull out tabs on each end so you can swing it up out of the way to use the winch.
It locks in place in both positions

Bar.jpgBar3.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ARB and TJM will be making all sorts of aftermarket equipment for the Grenadier...you might find they have been issued with drawings from Ineos...Ineos is encouraging it to happen...happy motoring
Quite a few of my questions were answered with "the aftermarket guys will be looking after that" and they were actively working globally and locally with the aftermarket accessories people.
I know they are working with Lazer Lamps here in Australia (Adelaide) to start fitting lamps and seeing what goes where.
They said the same for fuel tanks, rear draws, utility belt gear and suspension kits

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
I had a good look at the bullbar in Wollongong recently. I can confirm it is steel. I can also confirm it attaches and become part of the standard Grenadier steel front bumper. It just bolts on to the existing bumper.
Not quite… the IG roo bar requires/ comes with a new/different bumper centre section also

according to Ineos rep at recent demo

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not quite… the IG roo bar comes with a new/different bumper centre section
Yes correct
The centre section changes depending on your configuration
Standard
standard + Roo bar
Winch
Winch + Roo bar
Tow
Tow + Roo bar
They think the tow hitch doesn't have the free wheel winch handle as shown and this was just a mock up.
Tow hitch.pngWinch.png

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am wondering if getting the front tow hitch would be worth it if you were looking at an aftermarket winch.
Whilst I know the above is a render, from the little i have managed to see they both appear to have the same centre bumper section with the swing up number plate.
Would be good to get a peak behind the tow hitch plate to see what is there
Plus there would be the wiring run to support the removable winch.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What’s the IG sales rate expected in Oz over the first two years? I know these guys are “working” with 3rd party suppliers, but anything bespoke like bullbars wtc is likely to need a certain level of volume to justify the r&d and tool time. I’d be surprised if we saw anything like that for a far while I think. But then I could be surprised.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am wondering if getting the front tow hitch would be worth it if you were looking at an aftermarket winch.
Whilst I know the above is a render, from the little i have managed to see they both appear to have the same centre bumper section with the swing up number plate.
Would be good to get a peak behind the tow hitch plate to see what is there
Plus there would be the wiring run to support the removable winch.
I am getting the front tow hitch for moving trailers/caravans/boats around mainly and then I will also have the option for the IG portable winch or another brand.
Someone else on here also said they have a mount fitted for an esky and fishing gear when they go beach fishing
I have also seen a basket for fire wood collecting when offroad so you don't have to put it on the roof or inside

Tow boat.jpgTow spare.jpg1668317549281.jpeg1668317574669.png1668317634419.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom