The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Steelies or Bronze Owls?

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I found an image online of a Queens Red with Bronze wheels. I like the look! Just wondering what others think compared to my factory Steelies? I’ve contemplated buying another set of Steelies and powder coating them but the cost savings are maybe not worth the effort. Decisions, decisions!

Owl has a bronze wheel in stock. It has a slight offset. My Pizza Cutters would extend further outward by approx 1”.
Also, given the offset of the Owl wheel, should I replace the spare wheel?

PS: I’m loving the Eibach spring kit lift on the Grenadier. The added clearance is phenomenal off-road. However, I do have to drive a little further to find a challenging trail… 😬

IMG_1237.jpegIMG_3811.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
I found an image online of a Queens Red with Bronze wheels. I like the look! Just wondering what others think compared to my factory Steelies? I’ve contemplated buying another set of Steelies and powder coating them but the cost savings are maybe not worth the effort. Decisions, decisions!

Owl has a bronze wheel in stock. It has a slight offset. My Pizza Cutters would extend further outward by approx 1”.

PS: I’m loving the Eibach spring kit lift on the Grenadier. The added clearance is phenomenal off-road. However, I do have to drive a little further to find a challenging trail… 😬

View attachment 7860080View attachment 7860081
The bronze sets it apart. DaBull

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I am also liking the bronze.

I don’t think there would be much heartache getting another set of steelies powder coated, especially if they were brand new, but I am not sure if bronze steelies would look as good as those owl wheels or some other bronze alloys. They are quite a classic look tbh.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One says, "My shirt sleeves are lightly starched, pressed, and finished with mother of pearl cufflinks."

The other says, "My shirts don't have sleeves because they'd get caught in the machinery."

Both look great! :love: Nice rigs.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
I prefer the understated look of the black steelies.
The bronze/gold wheels do work though, although it feels a bit 1980's
Screenshot_20240616-091924.jpg

Last edited:

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7860080View attachment 7860081
I ordered the Owls in black but seeing this I wonder if I should have gone with the bronze!

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t see those wheels on Owl’s website

Hope the link works but this is the Owl Talon wheel like the photo above. Comes in white, black, bronze, and silver. There is also another wheel called Mojo.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They appear to be Black Rhino Outback wheels, after consulting Dr Google.
They do look similar but they are not the same. Owl has these made for them directly and not by Black Rhino. For example, the designs are in fact different, BR wheels have a +32 offset to Owl’s +30, and a load rating of 3700 lbs to Owl’s 4200 lbs.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That bronze setup looks fantastic! Personally after seeing how many Gren's have been delivered with steelies, it kinda takes the "cool" factor out of it. I was all about the steelies at first, but all of these new wheel and tire combos people are putting together look great!

Back
Top Bottom