The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BF GoodRich HD Terrain Tires

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Got to ask, what do you guys think of these on the Grenadier. I have had them on my Power Wagon for a little while, and like everyone using them I am blown away by the traction and durability. I was afraid the tread compound was too hard for real trail work, but I am changing my mind. Technically they were designed for HD trucks and towing along side off road use. But I am totally blown away by these. And that is from a life long user of BFG off road tires.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Work notably better (and as expected) than KO2s in muddy conditions, but are also notably louder than KO2s (again, as expected).

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
About 10lbs per tire heavier. Ride and traction have really blown me away on the Power Wagon. Would 10lbs make that much difference?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Would 10lbs make that much difference?
In 265/70/17 the KO2 to HD Terrain weight difference is about 15% (53 to 60lbs); that will be felt in acceleration, braking, and fuel economy.

Will it wreck the driving experience? Not at all, but it is important to remain cognizant of rotating mass

Back
Top Bottom