The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Resource icon

TSB Battery positive terminal cover IAMWO002669

No permission to download

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes submitted a new resource:

Battery positive terminal cover - Battery Terminal Cover TSB

Installation instructions for a new protection cap on the positive terminal of the auxiliary battery. An issue has been identified on a small number of the affected vehicles where the auxiliary battery may be at risk of a short circuit.

Click on the download button for more details.

Read more about this resource...

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
I had my vehicle’s 15k service the other day and I noticed this on the job sheet afterwards. I checked tonight and was rather surprised at the size of the ‘protection cap’ now fitted to the auxiliary battery’s positive terminal. Photo was taken at night. The seal looks a reasonable attempt at tamper proof, as it was a clean cut to it when I removed the plastic - though I didn’t try overly hard to not tear it.

Pls excuse if this was posted somewhere else, I searched and couldn’t locate another thread.

IMG_2505.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
I had my vehicle’s 15k service the other day and I noticed this on the job sheet afterwards. I checked tonight and was rather surprised at the size of the ‘protection cap’ now fitted to the auxiliary battery’s positive terminal. Photo was taken at night. The seal looks a reasonable attempt at tamper proof, as it was a clean cut to it when I removed the plastic - though I didn’t try overly hard to not tear it.

Pls excuse if this was posted somewhere else, I searched and couldn’t locate another thread.

View attachment 7871013
They all get that now when they go on for a service or routine warranty/campaign works. Apparently some dodgy wiring attached to the live post on the back up battery prompted this as the live terminal is very close to the edge of the metal battery compartment. A new tamper proof seal is then applied every time that one is broken at the dealership

Back
Top Bottom