The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery drainage while parked for a while… any solution?

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Same issue: my battery could lose up to 10% overnight.... Frequently getting under 50% with warning messages.
Was not able to have it at more than 70% even after a 6 hours trip.
I think it is linked to the intial 2 months on the dealer parking before delivery

Had to change it and it's better but still wondering why I still have random drains
Dealer has planned to make measurements
Hello Dok.

I had almost identical issues with my battery and it was swapped for another good battery. The problems "appeared" to improve for a while. This did not actually cure the problem. I agree that some people perhaps do have bad batteries from prolonged discharge periods during pre sales storage. I see from your other posts you also had the expansion bottle leak that I also had along with several of the other faults that we have both had and some that you did not have. My agent found damage to 2 wiring looms/connectors (from the leaking coolant) under the expansion bottle leak. It has hoped that this was the cause of the battery issues. New parts were ordered and various tests have been carried out without showing or proving or confirming any fault. This is my 4th week without my only business vehicle. I am keen to know what if anything is found about your battery/charging/discharging/monitoring problems as they appear to be identical to my problems. I see that you have taken yours to be looked at. Regards

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Hello Dok.

I had almost identical issues with my battery and it was swapped for another good battery. The problems "appeared" to improve for a while. This did not actually cure the problem. I agree that some people perhaps do have bad batteries from prolonged discharge periods during pre sales storage. I see from your other posts you also had the expansion bottle leak that I also had along with several of the other faults that we have both had and some that you did not have. My agent found damage to 2 wiring looms/connectors (from the leaking coolant) under the expansion bottle leak. It has hoped that this was the cause of the battery issues. New parts were ordered and various tests have been carried out without showing or proving or confirming any fault. This is my 4th week without my only business vehicle. I am keen to know what if anything is found about your battery/charging/discharging/monitoring problems as they appear to be identical to my problems. I see that you have taken yours to be looked at. Regards
Well... Nothing to be fixed anytime soon... Just got an email this evening telling me they found that the battery charge remained constant from evening to early morning. They've done one single test and their conclusion is "everything is fine" while I'm telling them it is random. Same for diffs, buttons, interface, etc.

The good news is that after 18 months explaining that my air-conditioning was working perfectly (and that it was therefore my fault that it wasn't), they finally realized that there was a problem.

The bad news ? Their answer: "Engineers are working on the problem, but unfortunately no solution has yet been found".

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well... Nothing to be fixed anytime soon... Just got an email this evening telling me they found that the battery charge remained constant from evening to early morning. They've done one single test and their conclusion is "everything is fine" while I'm telling them it is random. Same for diffs, buttons, interface, etc.

The good news is that after 18 months explaining that my air-conditioning was working perfectly (and that it was therefore my fault that it wasn't), they finally realized that there was a problem.

The bad news ? Their answer: "Engineers are working on the problem, but unfortunately no solution has yet been found".
Many thanks for the update. I have had similar replies regarding the battery/charging etc even though it was often below 50% and like you the problem appears to be random. I am hoping the coolant leak was causing the problem.. Until I get the truck back it is hard to tell......

Last edited:

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks for the update. I have had similar replies regarding the battery/charging etc even though it was often below 50% and like you the problem appears to be random. I am hoping the coolant leak was causing the problem.. Until I get the truck back it is hard to tell......
My plan is to add a switch to "cut everything but doors+alarm+bare minimum".
I just don't have time to spend days on the wiring...

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My plan is to add a switch to "cut everything but doors+alarm+bare minimum".
I just don't have time to spend days on the wiring...
Yes that was my plan as well if the battery issue continues. Howeverit is not ideal on a brand new car

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that was my plan as well if the battery issue continues. Howeverit is not ideal on a brand new car
You're right... But it's hard to get ineos teams to admit that there's a problem, whatever it may be. Their systematic reaction is “move along, there's nothing to see” rather than “thanks for your feedback, we'll look into it”.

If I tell them I have a random problem with the battery, they reply with 1 try and tell me they haven't found anything.
The same goes for differentials... And every random problem reported.

At the risk of rambling, I never expected to have no problems with a new car and a new brand... But I never imagined beta testing in such conditions.

Instead of being in contact with customers and getting as much feedback as possible, they're burying their heads in the sand, closing their eyes to avoid problems and hoping they'll go away.

A bug always comes back eventually

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You're right... But it's hard to get ineos teams to admit that there's a problem, whatever it may be. Their systematic reaction is “move along, there's nothing to see” rather than “thanks for your feedback, we'll look into it”.

If I tell them I have a random problem with the battery, they reply with 1 try and tell me they haven't found anything.
The same goes for differentials... And every random problem reported.

At the risk of rambling, I never expected to have no problems with a new car and a new brand... But I never imagined beta testing in such conditions.

Instead of being in contact with customers and getting as much feedback as possible, they're burying their heads in the sand, closing their eyes to avoid problems and hoping they'll go away.

A bug always comes back eventually
Yes, my thoughts and experience exactly. I am not convinced there are engineers looking at this problem beyond relatively trivial checks. My truck has been in 4 times already for the battery issue an each time I am without my only vehicle an my business vehicle for days or weeks. My courtesy car is a clean new family saloon and so I cannot work in it. I expected some issues but not the lack of a functional aftermarket problem solving team. The agents have no knowledge and have little to no support from Ineos. It takes weeks to carry out inconclusive tests, gain approval for parts ordering, have them delivered and then replaced. TI bought this truck based on the promises of improve reliability and and less reliance on electronic control/ECUS so I would have far fewer trips to get things looked at.
I have a 2 seater without the second battery , diesel. I have had it for about a year

Back
Top Bottom