The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery drainage while parked for a while… any solution?

Grenni-HH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

BATTERY -

Recently, my Grenadier was at the dealership for 6 weeks... and then the battery was dead... had to be jump-started.
Well... we'll skip the comment about the dealership... etc!

What can we do to prevent our car from draining the battery after a month or more? Does anyone have an idea on how to shut down the computer or parts of it so the battery – or for many of us, "the batteries" – don’t get damaged from discharging?

- I thought maybe pulling a specific fuse could help – but unfortunately, I haven’t found anything!

What do you all think?

Best, Patrick

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
They probably opened and closed the doors many times. The computer fires up each time.
It shouldn't kill the battery after 6 weeks if unused.
Some people trickle charge. Others get their battery checked (you can buy a battery condition tester for not much)
Maybe your battery is bad. But maybe just the dealer is!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

BATTERY -

Recently, my Grenadier was at the dealership for 6 weeks... and then the battery was dead... had to be jump-started.

What can we do to prevent our car from draining the battery after a month or more? Does anyone have an idea on how to shut down the computer or parts of it so the battery – or for many of us, "the batteries" – don’t get damaged from discharging?

- I thought maybe pulling a specific fuse could help – but unfortunately, I haven’t found anything!

What do you all think?

Best, Patrick
Only really 3 options:
  1. have the dealer put the car on a charger from time to time;
  2. I have a rooftop solar panel and a CTEK250SE mated to the 120S, so as long as there is sun the battery is topped up (both main and aux); or
  3. can you place the car in transport mode? Which cuts battery usage, see Rok Dr Guide for how this is done.

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

BATTERY -

What do you all think?

Best, Patrick
I have had my first Grenadier at the dealership for 5 plus weeks after buying it waiting on side steps and roof rack cross bars to come in stock before they could add them on & finally ship it to me (live 4 hours one way from the dealer). Plus it has been at several different local shops getting LOTS of exterior lights added on, custom wrap, many other accessories etc added on and it has never died at any of the shops sitting or being worked on day after day for weeks. So maybe you just had a bad battery? 🤷‍♂️ hope you figure it out and don’t have any further issues. 🙏 I would say if it going to sit for weeks at a time in the future to just start it up once a week and let it idle a bit to make sure all is good and you don’t came back to a dead vehicle. 👍

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Same issue: my battery could lose une to 10% overnight.... Frequently getting under 50% with warning messages.
Was not able to have it at more than 70% even after a 6 hours trip.
I think it is linked to the intial 2 months on the dealer parking before delivery

Had to change it and it's better but still wondering why I still have random drains
Dealer has planned to make measurements

Back
Top Bottom