The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone have a winch recommendation

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
This company came out with a drop in winch tray (I'm not affiliated or know them): https://lfdoffroad.com/collections/ineos-grenadier/products/ineos-grenadier-center-winch-bumper
View attachment 7864002
Still awaiting GP's.... :unsure:
GP's looks great, but, But I'm not adding a winch for looks. First it has to meet some parameters and I want some line. Second the word "bespoke" isn't what I want to hear on something that I have a tendency to break and rebuild. So I'll likely end up with this if I don't fab my own.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! It's an interesting development in that in @DaBull 's post #32 in https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/show-us-your-mods.12413129/page-32#post-1333288917 provides a link to the Ineos Body Builder's guide. In that guide on page 108, Sect 6.6.6 on Winches, it states "...Be aware that the cars that are bought with the fixed winch will have a different front cross member."
That's interesting to know and IMO shows some thorough design on Ineos' part when supplying a factory winch. Different rate springs and now a different cross member. shape? depth? gauge?

Local time
Reaction score
Little sneak peek for you guys… fully integrated into factory bumper, 12.5k winch and over 60ft of synthetic line. Replacement internal bumper is full 1/4” steel construction so it’s much stronger than the factory options. More specs to come next week.
Definitely the cleanest looking option. I'd rather a lighter 9-10k, winch and 90-100ft of line. Is the Bespoke part merely the clocking of the control handle to the front? Essentially, can a standard 10k class winch be made to work, realizing that for each manufacturer the difference in a range of winches is often the gear speed.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That Red winch setup looks ideal as well. I strongly feel the inability to see the line spool if you actually winch, is a no-go.

Local time
Reaction score
That Red winch setup looks ideal as well. I strongly feel the inability to see the line spool if you actually winch, is a no-go.
Yea. Goofy winch line tangles are almost guaranteed when not pulling straight, and seeing what the heck is going on there to get it sorted before proceeding is sorta my routine.

Local time
Reaction score
Trimming the grill to set the winch back and avoid the Bubba Gump Shrimp lower lip is something I'm considering.

Local time
Reaction score
I met a guy at the game fair in the U.K. who had a New Front Cross member welded on the front of his Grenadier and a Gigglepin winch with a huge winch top drum /spool fitted for winching and towing mobile homes into position. A true heavily loaded work vehicle with air suspension all round.
?? no pics?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
?? no pics?
Unfortunately not as his vehicle is sign written all over with his business details and I felt not right to post on the internet. He did say he uses Facebook so maybe on grenadier Facebook.
edit. There is a thread on this forum called air suspension upgrade with a picture of the said Grenadier in its early build stage with air suspension and gigglepin winch. Posted March 17th 2024

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately not as his vehicle is sign written all over with his business details and I felt not right to post on the internet. He did say he uses Facebook so maybe on grenadier Facebook.
edit. There is a thread on this forum called air suspension upgrade with a picture of the said Grenadier in its early build stage with air suspension and gigglepin winch. Posted March 17th 2024
I'm just curious about the giggle pin install. And ah.. just as a future note for consideration, most fellas that put all their commercial contact information on a truck do it to be seen. Few things excite them more. One of my vendors recently thought it was great idea to donate two of his 80 ton cranes to hold up a giant flag behind trump so he would get free exposure.... He was 6ft from a fella that got shot and died, his crane got shot, both impounded for a week as a crime scene, he lost 100g, and I suggested businesses picking sides is a two edged sword, but he seemed rather excited about the exposure. He did agree standing behind a US presidential candidate is something he'll pass on should the opportunity arise again. The cost/benefit of death concerns him. :)

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely the cleanest looking option. I'd rather a lighter 9-10k, winch and 90-100ft of line. Is the Bespoke part merely the clocking of the control handle to the front? Essentially, can a standard 10k class winch be made to work, realizing that for each manufacturer the difference in a range of winches is often the gear speed.
12.5k is reccommended based on the vehicle weight and payload. 9.5k isnt enough.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score

Custom made for this kit Come Up 12.5K winch - 65 feet of line (55 usable) - almost double the factory amount of line. Wireless and wired operations. Integration is super easy into facotry 500a aux output.
replaces internal bumper with all 1/4" steel contructed mount. ZInc primer and black textured powder. its a unit, but we kept the weight down so overall the weight added after removing factory parts is approx a net of 70lbs. Rest of the info is in the link above. Heres a few pics. Cheers guys

Attachments

• IG-0200-1-WEB.jpg
    IG-0200-1-WEB.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IG-0200-11-WEB.jpg
    IG-0200-11-WEB.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 19
  • IG-0200-12-WEB.jpg
    IG-0200-12-WEB.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 19

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
I'm just curious about the giggle pin install. And ah.. just as a future note for consideration, most fellas that put all their commercial contact information on a truck do it to be seen. Few things excite them more. One of my vendors recently thought it was great idea to donate two of his 80 ton cranes to hold up a giant flag behind trump so he would get free exposure.... He was 6ft from a fella that got shot and died, his crane got shot, both impounded for a week as a crime scene, he lost 100g, and I suggested businesses picking sides is a two edged sword, but he seemed rather excited about the exposure. He did agree standing behind a US presidential candidate is something he'll pass on should the opportunity arise again. The cost/benefit of death concerns him. :)
I've never quite understood vendors who hang huge political slogans next to their business. The country is split in half, do they not want to sell to the other half? Seems so much better to keep politics in private than on your sleeve while doing business. Not saying that any businessman who wants to do that is free to do so, it just seems limiting to me.

Back
Top Bottom