The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone have a winch recommendation

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not entirely sure. My car has a tow hitch mount installed from factory up front behind the license plate and the dealer told me that it had a slightly stiffer suspension because of that. They told me that trucks that came with the winch option from factory has the same suspension and that it is different from cars not prewired for the winch.

He could be full of it, I haven't really verified what the said.
That’s interesting. I have the high amp aux wiring but standard 2 green dots front springs.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We will have some big updates in the next two weeks. Just buttoning some items up on the kit. I was planning to have the updates / launch back in May, but of course everything takes longer than expected. Appreciate everyones patience🙏
Thanks for the update AJ!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I have the high amp aux wiring but standard 2 green dots front springs.
it could very well be that my dealers sales person quoted old and obsolete data. i can't easily look at my springs right now but i'll try to see if i have the green dots over the weekend. I wasn't even aware that this is how you found out the spring rate -thanks to whoever posted the chart!

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We will have some big updates in the next two weeks. Just buttoning some items up on the kit. I was planning to have the updates / launch back in May, but of course everything takes longer than expected. Appreciate everyones patience🙏
Little sneak peek for you guys… fully integrated into factory bumper, 12.5k winch and over 60ft of synthetic line. Replacement internal bumper is full 1/4” steel construction so it’s much stronger than the factory options. More specs to come next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0257.jpeg
    IMG_0257.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
Little sneak peek for you guys… fully integrated into factory bumper, 12.5k winch and over 60ft of synthetic line. Replacement internal bumper is full 1/4” steel construction so it’s much stronger than the factory options. More specs to come next week.
That is perfect! What winch is it? I know you have mentioned it, just can’t recall.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it looks great. Any provision for a front license plate? My state requires it and I have the kind of job where I really can't willfully ignore rules even when it's a fix it ticket.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
That looks great actually.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I think it looks great. Any provision for a front license plate? My state requires it and I have the kind of job where I really can't willfully ignore rules even when it's a fix it ticket.
We will have a license plate bracket 👍

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it's a "Come-up" winch.
From my recollection of the OK4WD build video
Correct, it’s a Come up winch custom made specifically for this kit so it would be a 12.5k winch and have enough line plus fit in this location with minimal to no modification to the vehicle👍

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Correct, it’s a Come up winch custom made specifically for this kit so it would be a 12.5k winch and have enough line plus fit in this location with minimal to no modification to the vehicle👍
Will it be necessary to upgrade the front springs to support the weight of winch and winch cradle? Mine, I believe has the lowest payload front springs.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Will it be necessary to upgrade the front springs to support the weight of winch and winch cradle? Mine, I believe has the lowest payload front springs.
Might be a good idea. I have the 30mm eibach eurospec springs in mine and there was virtually no noticeable change in height after installing.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
Red Winches are reconfiguring the Nomad winch as aftermarket fitment to the grenadier.
Thanks for the update! It's an interesting development in that in @DaBull 's post #32 in https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/show-us-your-mods.12413129/page-32#post-1333288917 provides a link to the Ineos Body Builder's guide. In that guide on page 108, Sect 6.6.6 on Winches, it states "...Be aware that the cars that are bought with the fixed winch will have a different front cross member."
Reconfiguring an existing product to match the non- "winch specific" front cross member seems a logical move to a more utilitarian solution... folk need time to 'develop' their own platform as time and money permit! (and dare I say may overcome the persistent criticism of the OEM fit regarding the spool carrying insufficient cable)

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
I met a guy at the game fair in the U.K. who had a New Front Cross member welded on the front of his Grenadier and a Gigglepin winch with a huge winch top drum /spool fitted for winching and towing mobile homes into position. A true heavily loaded work vehicle with air suspension all round.

Local time
Reaction score
update?
Hey Guys,

update

Back
Top Bottom