The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Another example why "connected" and "smart" vehicles are a dumb idea

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score

"It should serve as a warning to the entire auto industry. Automakers are embedding modems in all new vehicles—a move driven by law in some regions, as in Europe's eCall regulations—and rely increasingly on connectivity to one or more clouds for functionality. But those clouds and servers will not be maintained indefinitely, and once they go down, the cars that depend on them will lose features that owners may be relying upon."

No thanks to "over the air updates". No thanks to a "smart" car that talks to anyone or anything besides its owner.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
I know I will probably take some heat from EV haters on here, but yes I also own an EV (2023 Tesla Model S Plaid). It has been the easiest vehicle I have ever owned to maintain, and before I got the first Grenadier my favorite vehicle I have ever owned (trust me that says a lot). Kind of the same way some talk negatively about the Grenadier, the Tesla also has that negativity. I almost didn’t buy it or the Grenny's due to all the negativity, but I am certainly glad I did. This is also why I post so strongly for the Grenadier, so other possible buyers know some owners love them and have had no problems. I have owned the Tesla since June of 2023 and not a single issue with it, plug it in at night at home and she is ready to go in the morning. Way too easy! I don’t worry about batteries exploding, not having enough chargers away from my home & running out of gas, taking an hour to charge in a hurry, etc etc, none of it true as far as my experiences go. It totally reminds me of the Grenadier in terms of the hate and misconception people have of them both. Maybe I am just lucky, but how can someone have 3 different vehicles that others claim are crap yet not have a single real issue (beeps on the Grenny’s) with any of them?! 🤷‍♂️btw the over the air updates are just as easy as those with your iPhone, just hit accept and it does everything for you. Maybe one day we won’t have the internet or whatever is needed to run an EV, but then again maybe one day we will be without gas (nah we have never had issues with gas shortages huh 🤔 🙄)…..to each his/her own…….
IMG_0244.png

IMG_0243.png

Back
Top Bottom