The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ANCEL BM200 - NEW BATTERY MONITOR

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
For lithium batteries the type of battery monitor required is one which actually "counts the coulombs" going in and out... e.g the Victron BMV-712 Smart which is Bluetooth-enabled. The flat discharge curve with sharp "cut-off" of the common LiFeP04 "deep cell" vs. a more gradual degradation curve for lead acid batteries, renders traditional monitors somewhat problematic.
The BM2000 has a lithium battery setting, but still does a poorer job than the BLE Lithium model. Monitoring a current across a shunt is the most accurate, but they are normally expensive choices.

Luckily many Lithium batteries have apps which are better than both the BLE and BM200 - which monitor the current through the BMS. But most Lithium battery apps I have seen do not keep historic data, which is what I get from the BLE.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
I guess my take on the models mentioned is that for the price, the so-called "lithium setting" may well be a more refined algorithm evolved from their lead acid calculations and of sufficient approximation to be acceptable. If it does the job, then all well and good😊

Back
Top Bottom