The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

An example of good steering…

Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
We have all heard people’s thoughts about Grenadier steering. Every review mentions it and there is plenty of discussion about it in the forums. Thus, steering was high on my list of concerns about the Grenadier as I began getting interested in owning one. How best to decide what is going on? Well, obviously a test drive is where you start. Of course even a 10 mile drive in a new vehicle won’t really tell you what it is like. There is simply too much happening during that first drive and your senses are overwhelmed. I went back to the dealer a second time and asked for a way to see a Grenadier hooked up to our trailer just to see how it carried the weight. They handed me a set of keys and said, go see! This is how I had the opportunity to put some 300 miles on one and it really showed me a lot.
On my first solo drive in that early production Trialmaster, I steered badly for a few miles before everything smoothed out. Once I stopped over correcting and simply slowed myself down, it was a nice experience. All new vehicles have dynamics that require time to learn, the Grenadier's is its steering.
Speaking of watching reviews, I have found two that demonstrate different steering styles on a Grenadier.
First, in the test done by Winding Road Magazine the driver’s steering style is one of over correction for much of the drive. In the second example done by DrivingCars, the driver clearly has a much better steering style. I’ll include links to both in case you haven’t seen them. The DrivingCars channel has three videos of driving a Grenadier by the way and all demonstrate a smooth driving style. He is tossing the vehicle with ease and clearly demonstrates its ability. Smooth is everything…

Winding Road

Driving Cars

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
The first couple of times I drove the Grenadier, I had to overcorrect a few times.
The more you drive it, the more you notice that steering returns better and smoother.

Turning radius is a different story though for the IG. I was at a moderate trail recently (not with the IG), and the Bronco Badlands ahead of me just turns effortlessly with its Turn Assist feature on hairpins.

Back
Top Bottom