The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Amazing aftermarket audio system/speaker upgrade

acaciolo

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Since I installed ADS/Alpine systems in my personal cars in the 1980's when I was a kid, I've always had great audio systems in my cars..until now. The upgraded system in the Ineos just didn't cut it and the soundstage down at my feet was really muffled, even after messing with the eq and sub settings.

So I took a chance and ordered the "plug and play" Audison DSP based system from Bjorn at Audio upgrade Ineos and it is absolutely amazing. The Audison tweeters high up in the A pillars give a great sound stage with terrific imaging, the 8" audison sub under the passenger seat provides a ton of bass (and I like my music bass heavy.)
The Audison door and rear speaker replacements are also a massive upgrade. The really cool part of this is the Audison DSP is programmed just for the Ineos. Delay, crossover, eq, etc is all calibrated with a microphone using the Audison Bit Drive software and preloaded into the dsp amp that is provided in this kit. But I could still use the free software and tweak the eq if I want to (I added a little bit on the very low end.)

I purchased the full kit with the insulation/damping for the doors, and now my doors have an amazing solid feel as an added bonus. I did not get the bluetooth module which allows you to bypass the Ineos head unit and play music directly through the Audison system.
The step by step guide they provided with pictures makes the install really easy and all new wiring harnesses that are needed are included. Even the speakers have the correct connectors on. It truly is plug and play.
The sound is as good as I've ever heard. High frequencies are crystal clear, the midrange is rock solid, and the bass can't be beat. They really designed an amazing system and the custom preprogrammed DSP for the ineos really makes it all come together.

The system (after I return my original A pillars since there is a core charge) was under 2500 euros after the VAT was removed and shipping to USA was added. Buying all the components on their own wouldn't have been much less than that, and I wouldn't have gotten all the premade harnesses and the dsp programming, so it was well worth it.
Installation was without issue but I took the lazy way out and paid my super talented trusted mechanic. He did it right and made everything perfect. Including the time consuming door insulation, he spent about 10 hours on it.

So overall, I spent about $3500 and it is probably the best sounding system I've heard in 20 years.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out.

Thanks
tony

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Since I installed ADS/Alpine systems in my personal cars in the 1980's when I was a kid, I've always had great audio systems in my cars..until now. The upgraded system in the Ineos just didn't cut it and the soundstage down at my feet was really muffled, even after messing with the eq and sub settings.

So I took a chance and ordered the "plug and play" Audison DSP based system from Bjorn at Audio upgrade Ineos and it is absolutely amazing. The Audison tweeters high up in the A pillars give a great sound stage with terrific imaging, the 8" audison sub under the passenger seat provides a ton of bass (and I like my music bass heavy.)
The Audison door and rear speaker replacements are also a massive upgrade. The really cool part of this is the Audison DSP is programmed just for the Ineos. Delay, crossover, eq, etc is all calibrated with a microphone using the Audison Bit Drive software and preloaded into the dsp amp that is provided in this kit. But I could still use the free software and tweak the eq if I want to (I added a little bit on the very low end.)

I purchased the full kit with the insulation/damping for the doors, and now my doors have an amazing solid feel as an added bonus. I did not get the bluetooth module which allows you to bypass the Ineos head unit and play music directly through the Audison system.
The step by step guide they provided with pictures makes the install really easy and all new wiring harnesses that are needed are included. Even the speakers have the correct connectors on. It truly is plug and play.
The sound is as good as I've ever heard. High frequencies are crystal clear, the midrange is rock solid, and the bass can't be beat. They really designed an amazing system and the custom preprogrammed DSP for the ineos really makes it all come together.

The system (after I return my original A pillars since there is a core charge) was under 2500 euros after the VAT was removed and shipping to USA was added. Buying all the components on their own wouldn't have been much less than that, and I would'nt have gotten all the premade harnesses and the dsp programming, so it was well worth it.
Installation was without issue but I took the lazy way out and paid my super talented trusted mechanic. He did it right and made everything perfect. Including the time consuming door insulation, he spent about 10 hours on it.

So overall, I spent about $3500 and it is probalby the best souding system I've heard in 20 years.

Thanks
tony
I have an Audison set up for my Beemer. It's ridiculous. And I'm still only half way there. Still need under-seat mids and that box you put in the boot. I took notice when they released their pack for the Grenadier.

acaciolo

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I will upload some pictures shortly. Not a lot to see since just about everything except the tweeters is hidden. My mechanic friend that did the install said that the very detailed instructions made it super easy as they are made for a beginner. They gave pictures of every step. So there was nothing difficult at all, but just a lot to do. Both front seats need to be removed to place the sub and amp, for example. And my mechanic is so meticulous, he cut every piece of door insulation to fit perfectly and probably spent 2+ hours just on that. No special tools needed either. Just 1 long day! I was going to do it myself, but then I figured for the $1000, labor, it was worth it to have them do it.

Phred

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heck, I did just their V2 system and it’s a 100% improvement in my book. I can’t imagine the highest end system.

acaciolo

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
not too much to see since it all is hidden.
20241018_192643.jpg
20241018_192654.jpg
20241018_192711.jpg
20241018_192735.jpg
IMG_20240917_204713.jpg

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score

The system (after I return my original A pillars since there is a core charge) was under 2500 euros after the VAT was removed and shipping to USA was added. Buying all the components on their own wouldn't have been much less than that, and I wouldn't have gotten all the premade harnesses and the dsp programming, so it was well worth it.

So overall, I spent about $3500 and it is probably the best sounding system I've heard in 20 years.

Thanks
tony
Damn it if I don’t keep finding more stuff to buy!! I am almost done with the exterior to my build; thus, interior will be next and this system is now on the top of my list. I may message you when I am about to order the kit. Thanks for the write up as it helped sell me the whole kit. 🙏

Well don’t know if that’s all positive as it’s more money going out of my pockets. 🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom