The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

“Selling” Grenadiers: People asking about your IG

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Popped out for coffee at Kilchoman Distillery this afternoon, with a couple of friends, and a member of staff demanded to know how I dared arrive in my Volvo rather than the Grenadier!
Hmm, you seem well know at the Kilchoman Distillery, did the member of staff ask " your usual " and surprised when you said coffee.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
At this point I'm just shocked when someone actually says "Is that a Grenadier?" and getting pissed at the "so you're basically a beta tester?" Still love the attention from drivers as they go by....
Just embrace it. “Yeah, we’re all drunk and run a short fuse. This was, after all, invented in a pub. You never know when one of us might go off.”

Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
I drive mine through Cherry Creek North just to let all the G-wagon drivers know what they could have bought…
Just make sure to drive in a straight line to not trigger the embarrassment of the steering pump whine.

I parked next to a g wagen the other day to do some grocery shopping. The IG looks much more impressive next to the diminutive G Wagen.

We all arrived at the vehicle approximately the same time, after checkout. i started my vehicle first while the MB couple was still loading cargo. The gwagen husband was staring at the IG intently.. heard him utter “ineos” something to his wife…

I cringed hard as i turned the steering wheel, knowing the symphony of shit the IG is now subjecting them to. I made sure to press firmly on the gas pedal, as i pulled away, in an attempt drown out the whine..

Come fukin’ on Ineos! This is such bad look for your nascent brand image! “The cool looking SUV that always sound like shit”

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
I've had a few of these interactions, and absolutely love them.

I had one the other day where I'd stopped at traffic lights in my local area (never having seen another Gren in my area), look across the intersection, and there's another Gren on the cross street! What the? So I did the best thing to grab their attention, and tooted the Toot horn. Instant recognition, and a wave, and off they went!

I was off to the Gold Coast a few weeks back to get some stuff done on the Gren, and stopped in a servo for fuel. As I came back to the truck I noticed a guy and gal having a look at it, and wondering what it was. About 10 mins after having a chat, they were in the process of disposing of their existing car and house, and planning on buying a tow rig and caravan to do the lap around Australia. The Gren now features right up on their list of vehicles to consider, after I told him why none of the others really matter in the 3.5T towing class.

My best one was about a month ago, when I was trying to find a phone holder for my mobile phone (after the existing one kept unsticking from the front window). I went into a BCF store (camping and fishing store here in Aus), came out with a few purchases, and noticed the last of the original Defender 110's next to my Gren. I had one more store in the area to check out, and hoped that the vehicle would still be there when I returned. About 10 mins later, as I came back to my truck, it was still there. As I hopped in the Gren, I thought I'd just wait a minute or two to see if the owner would return, and yup, an old bushie appeared from a shop, and began walking in my direction. He told me that he parked next to the Gren as he was curious about my car, and thus was hoping he'd see me too!

We spent about 30 minutes chatting and looking at each others vehicles. Great fun having a chat with a complete stranger, who was as passionate about his Defender 110, as I was of my Gren!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
Just make sure to drive in a straight line to not trigger the embarrassment of the steering pump whine.

I parked next to a g wagen the other day to do some grocery shopping. The IG looks much more impressive next to the diminutive G Wagen.

We all arrived at the vehicle approximately the same time, after checkout. i started my vehicle first while the MB couple was still loading cargo. The gwagen husband was staring at the IG intently.. heard him utter “ineos” something to his wife…

I cringed hard as i turned the steering wheel, knowing the symphony of shit the IG is now subjecting them to. I made sure to press firmly on the gas pedal, as i pulled away, in an attempt drown out the whine..

Come fukin’ on Ineos! This is such bad look for your nascent brand image! “The cool looking SUV that always sound like shit”
Yeah, I’m at a detente with the whine. I just tell people it is the turbine….

I did my dealer that they are probably losing business because of it. My wife thought there was something seriously wrong with the truck.

Of all the third party gear, I’d spring for a quieter one first. It’s so out of place.

Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m at a detente with the whine. I just tell people it is the turbine….

I did my dealer that they are probably losing business because of it. My wife thought there was something seriously wrong with the truck.

Of all the third party gear, I’d spring for a quieter one first. It’s so out of place.
Ineos should know that the IG owners are a group of highly energized owners willing to be at large, pro bono brand ambassadors. In return we just ask for these egregiously bad external factors to be resolved, so we can be effective brand ambassadors.

Back
Top Bottom