The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

“Selling” Grenadiers: People asking about your IG

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
3 auto mechanics on the sidewalk outside the fly fishing outfitters where I was shopping yesterday afternoon. First thing they all asked when I came out was whether they could look underneath - so we all got down on the ground and crawled underneath and I gave them the grand tour - starting on the CORRECT side (not the shiny bits) and working our way up. That’s the way to show someone the Grenadier.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Amazing how many people feel it's OK to say they have heard it's crap, are my sunroofs leaking, how do I steer it, etc, etc. I seem to rise above it all these days. Had to smile at the supermarket car park when a new Defender parked next to me and left his vehicle on fully inflated suspension so it was taller than mine.
I have like Shaky, also had many compliments and questions.
Similar questions where going around with the Hummer. Does it float, do your tires leak, what’s your gas milage. (Btw the H1 got better mpg than the H2).

I wouldn’t worry about the new defender raising the air suspension. I parked mine that way all the time. At 6’2” that was the real access height.

Oddly enough some of the new defender owners who never owned a real defender scuff at the Grenadier for being a copy cat and not a real Defender. lol.

Kujo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
My car gets a lot of attention. So I invite the curious to just have a look at the “controls”. They lean over a seat and look at the dashboard. They look as if, so what. I then tell them, “no, look at the controls”. They finally look up and are awe stricken. First words out of their mouths: “it looks like an airplane cockpit”. I just smile.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I have had so many in the last 12 months and 99% positive.
Most either have no idea what it is or think it is a Landrover.

The best one I have had was with a Highway Patrol car with two cops in it.
They have vehicle number plate recognition cameras, so when driving past it pulled up all the details on the Grenadier, and on me.

They did a quick turn around, sat behind me for a fair while, then overtook and sat in front of me for a while.
Next town we came to they pulled up next to me at the lights, I dropped my window and they started asking questions about it.
Female driver was grinning from ear to ear and said she loved it.

I asked if they wanted me to pull over so they could have a look and away we went.

In it, on it, under it.
Taking pictures of each other in front of it.
Then they told me where the speed cameras and traps were up ahead and left with handshakes and smiles.

I didn't realise that I had stopped out front of a pub and there were heaps of people looking out the windows and standing on the footpath with their beers in hand wondering what was going on.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Traveling down the beach on Fraser Island, three cars in our convoy, about 500m apart.

Police car - Toyota 76 series - drives past them heading towards us, then pulls up and puts his blue/red lights on and motions for me to pull up beside him.

2 minutes to blow in the bag (safe) then he goes, right now I want you to be completely honest with me……how do you like the grenadier I’m thinking of buying one. 10 minutes later we were on our way again.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
I printed out a business card with the story on one side and a QR card on the other I don’t talk to anyone I just hand it.

The Mrs. has now threatened to do exactly that after a teenager in a Subaru drove past and asked out of his window "What is that thing?". The befuddled look on his face was priceless.

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Lol. I have heard similar.

BTW, What movie is your avatar from. The Philadelphia Flyers used to play that clip in the 80's and 90's and I can still hear it in my head.
🤣 NETWORK (1976)
Angry Mad As Hell GIF

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Before I bought my Grenadier, I rented one in Bozeman this summer for a trip to Ennis MT. Mainly was doing outdoor stuff but we’d all drive into the little town of Ennis for dinner or shopping. Ennis has angled parking on its downtown streets, so you see a lot of cars if you’re walking downtown.

During my 3rd time for dinner in Ennis, I was about to back out of my parking spot and this guy is running down the street waving his arms and shouting WAIT WAIT! He got to the Grenadier and said “I saw this car 3 days ago and have been looking for you everywhere for 3 days! I need to know what this car is!!!” — pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom