The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Wolfbox is installed and it is very cool

Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi Gents

Where are you mounting the reverse camera for the Wolfbox setup? Please send pics.
Thanks

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Inside the rear window on the right door. Roughly centered on the vehicle. I used 3M hvlp (sp?) double sided adhesive and attached the camera to the plastic on top of the door so the lens is very clode to the glass.

Snaked the wires. through the rubber tube going to the door and up inside the door to the top of the door.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Gents

Where are you mounting the reverse camera for the Wolfbox setup? Please send pics.
Thanks
This is the upper-right trim of the 70% rear door.
IMG_8103.jpeg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Super cool Wolfbox modification:
  • Remove protective film off rear camera
Maybe my nighttime’s image will improve, and sun glare dissipate?

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
I have installed it and it took me some time to get used to it. The active lit screen is a little distracting compared to a mirror. Overview is superb! What bothers me it is nearly impossible to judge the distance to cars behind you. Is it just me? Are you ok with that?

Phred

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have installed it and it took me some time to get used to it. The active lit screen is a little distracting compared to a mirror. Overview is superb! What bothers me it is nearly impossible to judge the distance to cars behind you. Is it just me? Are you ok with that?
I found that turning down the brightness helped with it being distracting.

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I bought my Wolfbox G900 and 67 Designs Mirror Mount and am planning to have my local car stereo and back up camera installation shop install it into my Grenadier. Is there a video or instructional plan for installation that is already available here online to give them?

Thanks
Jeff

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Having seen the wolfbox on @douggie and @Clark Kent ‘s vehicles I reckon I’m sold.
There are a couple of drawbacks I think, but balanced against the current view out the back and the woefully inadequate rear view mirrors I reckon it’s a no brainer.

Installation scares the hell out of me though. 🥵

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Having seen the wolfbox on @douggie and @Clark Kent ‘s vehicles I reckon I’m sold.
There are a couple of drawbacks I think, but balanced against the current view out the back and the woefully inadequate rear view mirrors I reckon it’s a no brainer.

Installation scares the hell out of me though. 🥵
Yell out if you want some help with installation @bigleonski.

ZemTyrion

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
The backup distance is hard to judge. I think for the most part, I know someone is behind me, but how far is a mystery. I think with time I'll get use to gauging the distance and for now I have side mirrors to help sort it out. For backing up, I still mostly use the terrible stock camera. Well, the stock camera isn't terrible, but someone but a huge tire over most of it.

I don't mind the screen. I had to put the glare thing over it, and that made it less crisp, but that's fine. That part that gets me is the focal distance of my eyes. This sounds weird, but with a mirror, your eyes are effectively focusing maybe 50 feet away. I'm guessing here, but the point is that it is distance, and the mirror doesn't change that distance. With the screen, your eyes need to focus on that distance of 2 feet or whatever. I think I can adapt, and it is getting better, but it is certainly very weird the first few days.

ZemTyrion

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
Installation is easy even if you are a beginner in this type of things.
I do not agree. I have built and raced a car for 24 Hours of Lemons. I have replaced an engine while at the track. I have done a lot of modifications to many cars of the years. I would send my wife to the Mazda dealership when I was working on my Miata. The parts guy would just ask "What did he break this time?" and gave her the employee discount. I'm certainly not a mechanic or professional in anything automotive, but I do alright.

Interior trim sucks. Knowing whether you are pulling very hard against a hidden bolt and are about to break the plastic or pulling very hard against a clip that is about to properly yield is a mystery. Even if it is just a clip, are you pulling in the correct direction? When it is a new car, it can be terrifying, and those clips are also almost as strong as the plastic.

I'm not saying it's hard. I just wouldn't call it easy for a beginner. I think people should still give it a try, but with the understanding it may take a lot more time and effort than they want.

Of course, if you don't mind seeing the wires near the door, yes, it is likely very easy. Hiding the wires from the door the headliner edge is 90% of the work.

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My local car stereo shop got my Wolfbox installed and it looks great. Haven’t tested it out yet as I just drove it home from the shop late last night.
But the installer didn’t want to install the 67 Designs Mount and instead used the supplied rubber bands. He said that they couldn’t figure out how to remove the mirror and install the mount without doing permanent damage. Any thoughts on this or should I just return the mount and forget about it. Done is better than perfect.

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My local car stereo shop got my Wolfbox installed and it looks great. Haven’t tested it out yet as I just drove it home from the shop late last night.
But the installer didn’t want to install the 67 Designs Mount and instead used the supplied rubber bands. He said that they couldn’t figure out how to remove the mirror and install the mount without doing permanent damage. Any thoughts on this or should I just return the mount and forget about it. Done is better than perfect.
It's not easy to search past posts for information, but there is some really helpful info on this forum on just how to do it. The OEM mirror has a snap ring around the socket on the back that I pried off a bit with a screw driver and the mirror pops off. Some people just use brute force. I used a ball adapter sold on Amazon as suggested on a previous post and it works perfectly but many have used the 67Designs. If you don't want the rubber bands it's an easy fix. You just need to spend a few hours searching this forum. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom