The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Wolfbox is installed and it is very cool

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
@Cheshire cat @Krabby come on guys, we are adults here. I didn't ask about the girth just the length. I'm just seeing if people like the fit, or if the extra 2 inches makes a difference. Like when you are staring at it, does is seem bigger.
I was desperately trying not to be childish but very, very difficult.
If at the time of my purchase, a narrower format had been available, I would have opted for it. No complaints with wider format, I would simply prefer the more, ‘factory’ look that might come with the narrower version.

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
I did a Wolfbox 850 instal over the weekend and it is indeed cool. Still getting used to the sight "delay" between real live reflective side mirrors and the video feed, and judging distance is a whole new bizarre-o experience. Anyone else experience a slight learning curve with getting used to it?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
I did a Wolfbox 850 instal over the weekend and it is indeed cool. Still getting used to the sight "delay" between real live reflective side mirrors and the video feed, and judging distance is a whole new bizarre-o experience. Anyone else experience a slight learning curve with getting used to it?
Hi AUDIOBUS, My 2020 new Defender has the video mirror and there is a slight learning curve for your brain to rewire to the different perspective. After awhile you will not notice the difference. I will also mention that my brain has rewired itself when it comes to steering. Now that I have driven the Grenadier for 4 months, anytime I jump back into my 2020 Defender, the steering moves so easily that it actually scares me and does not feel safe. My brain has completely rewired itself to the Grenadiers steering, which to me now feels much more robust, safe and proper. DaBull

Last edited:
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
I had my Wolfbox G850 installed today. It really solves all my problems with the rear visibility. I highly recommend it. I like it much better than I envisioned.

It is wired up to the overhead console and the rear camera wires are in the rear door and take the same path as the rear window wipers so everything is completely hidden and safe.

I am attaching a few photos as well as a few videos showing how it works. You can touch the screen and move the camera up and down for visibility. It also solves ALOT of the rear blind spot issues due to the very wide angle lens that shows three lanes of rear traffic and slightly to the sides of the Ineos.

The clarity on the screen is great!

I was trying to upload some videos and the files are too large even though they are only 12 seconds.

Love it
Thanks for your very helpful post. The installation looks a very professional… does the rear view mirror look good as well. It is hard for me to see from the photos, Rather than strap the new mirror over the old one, can it simply replace the old one for a cleaner look? Thanks for the time in responding…

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

BQAC

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your very helpful post. The installation looks a very professional… does the rear view mirror look good as well. It is hard for me to see from the photos, Rather than strap the new mirror over the old one, can it simply replace the old one for a cleaner look? Thanks for the time in responding…
Where did you mount the rear camera? Do you have a photo?
Thanks!

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Besides the 67 Designs mount, you can use a ball adapter from Amazon (previously posted on this forum, but I forgot by whom (sorry). That's what I did and it's as good as factory and much less expensive than the 67 Designs mount. You pop off the OEM mirror and attach the Wolfbox to the Grenadier mount. I think it's drop shipped directly from China and you only use the 16mm adapter and throw the rest away, but other than that it's great.
you need the wolfbox OEM bracket as well. The bracket is fragile and I've broken one already...just be careful with it.
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Connector-Bracket-Holder-Mirror/dp/B09Z29NTFK?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you mount the rear camera? Do you have a photo?
Thanks!
Upper right corner (looking out) of the larger rear door endow trim. This essentially the vehicle centerline, do your rear camera view is centered.

IMG_8103.jpeg

Phred

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still have it? Interested. Did you find an alternative solution?
Yes, I still have it.

I never tried it, still in box.

I went with the wolfbox mount and the Amazon replacement ball adapter from the start and saw no reason to try the 67 mount.

ZemTyrion

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
I installed my G900 this weekend. It was a pain, but it's done. Somehow my wife managed to fit the wire through the harness to the door, so it looks very clean.

But anyway, I thought about hooking up the red wire for the reverse mode. I don't really know what it does, but I thought about it. To this end, I thought there must be a wire that signals the existing rear view camera. Maybe not, but it seemed plausible. I tried checking those wires with a multimeter. A very important point here is that it turns out the width of the multimeter probes is wider than the pin spacing inside the stock rear camera connector.

So two things. First, if you blow the fuse for the rear camera, you will get 5 or 6 different warnings on the dash, none of which mention the camera, and the vehicle will not even turn over. It's one of the 7.5amp fuses under the rear seats.

Second, does anyone know what the wires on the stock rear camera are? I don't have a method of testing them that doesn't blow a fuse or involve stripping every wire.

Phred

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As per @FlyersFan76 response but further detail:
The purple/orange is 12v positive whilst in reverse. If you hook this up to the red lead coming from the Wolfbox reversing camera (you will need to extend it if coming through the rubber grommets of the back door) then the Wolfbox mirror changes view when in reverse to display the guide lines. There are a couple of caveats though: be careful of the exposed positive terminal as per the photo I posted above unless you have disconnected the earth leads on both batteries, the rear table (if fitted) is a pig to remount and really needs two people, lastly the filament lines of the rear demister should be avoided when positioning the rear camera as they should up as a blurred line across the image. The included double sided tape is also crap - use some 3m replacement instead.

Nick68

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Looking to install a Wolfbox and a secure phone mount. There was a very nice job posted on this Forum where the Wolfbox wires were threaded through the existing rubber conduit for the rear wiper and the camera was placed inside the rear window at the top. However, the Wolfbox screen was attached to the existing mirror using rubber ties which I didn't think looked great (and the rubber is bound to degrade over time especially with the heat). So I was looking at an adapter to swop out the existing mirror and mount the screen directly on to the Ineos mirror attachment/mount. The 67 Designs products look solid (if expensive) but Customer Service have told me that it's not compatible with my (late 2023) model. Has the configuration changed so much that the 67 Designs 2024 mounting plate won't work? I've seen people mentioning the Amazon adapter here but mainly as a more cost effective option. If the 67 Designs mounting plate won't work are there other options I can explore apart from the Amazon option? Also will the 67 Designs phone mount work with the 2023 model (waiting for a Customer Service response). Surely the configurations for both the rear view mirror and the centre console screen can't have changed in 6 months? Are 67 Designs just giving me a 'legal' response rather than a practical one?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking to install a Wolfbox and a secure phone mount. There was a very nice job posted on this Forum where the Wolfbox wires were threaded through the existing rubber conduit for the rear wiper and the camera was placed inside the rear window at the top. However, the Wolfbox screen was attached to the existing mirror using rubber ties which I didn't think looked great (and the rubber is bound to degrade over time especially with the heat). So I was looking at an adapter to swop out the existing mirror and mount the screen directly on to the Ineos mirror attachment/mount. The 67 Designs products look solid (if expensive) but Customer Service have told me that it's not compatible with my (late 2023) model. Has the configuration changed so much that the 67 Designs 2024 mounting plate won't work? I've seen people mentioning the Amazon adapter here but mainly as a more cost effective option. If the 67 Designs mounting plate won't work are there other options I can explore apart from the Amazon option? Also will the 67 Designs phone mount work with the 2023 model (waiting for a Customer Service response). Surely the configurations for both the rear view mirror and the centre console screen can't have changed in 6 months? Are 67 Designs just giving me a 'legal' response rather than a practical one?
I think it has to do with the ADAS system installed in the ROW model which I believe is the model that 67 designs made their mount for.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the ADAS system installed in the ROW model which I believe is the model that 67 designs made their mount for.
Hi @Nick68
For your Australian vehicle you could follow my post here. Use mirror arm #11 from AliExpress, plus the OEM mount kit from Wolfbox which includes the backing plate for the mirror to attach to the arm.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
I installed my G900 this weekend. It was a pain, but it's done. Somehow my wife managed to fit the wire through the harness to the door, so it looks very clean.

But anyway, I thought about hooking up the red wire for the reverse mode. I don't really know what it does, but I thought about it. To this end, I thought there must be a wire that signals the existing rear view camera. Maybe not, but it seemed plausible. I tried checking those wires with a multimeter. A very important point here is that it turns out the width of the multimeter probes is wider than the pin spacing inside the stock rear camera connector.

So two things. First, if you blow the fuse for the rear camera, you will get 5 or 6 different warnings on the dash, none of which mention the camera, and the vehicle will not even turn over. It's one of the 7.5amp fuses under the rear seats.

Second, does anyone know what the wires on the stock rear camera are? I don't have a method of testing them that doesn't blow a fuse or involve stripping every wire.
How did you route the other wires? Try to figure out the best option before i do it.

Back
Top Bottom