The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Wolfbox is installed and it is very cool

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the 12" version but, after reading some amazon reviews, it may be safer to stick with the 10" version. Any significant vibration would drive me crazy.
Yeah, I guess mine is the smaller one G850 and I have no vibration or movement at all.

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
We are still in the process of selecting a new 4x4, with the Grenadier as strong contender.
I have previously mounted this type of camera/rearview mirror as a direct replacement for the original mirror, eliminating the rubber straps so it looks very OEM.
I got my bracket form Amazon UK, there are a few variations and you need to see which ones are suitable (if at all) for the mirror you select (spacing of screws) and the original fitting for the mirror (e.g. on the windscreen) .
This is the link to the one I purchased:
DVR Mirror Bracket arm

As I say I am not sure how the original mirror is connected on the Grenadier, however this approach might be viable?

There is no wobble at all as the mount is pretty strong and quite secure/stiff on the various ball joints.

Hopefully that might provide some other options.
Thank you

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
I have the exact same setup. I used the 67 designs bracket for mounting the mirror. Super happy with it.

One minor thing is that the tape holding the camera to the rear door isn't holding it as well as it should. It has fallen off on a hot day. Anyone know of a better tape I should use?

Mena2

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the exact same setup. I used the 67 designs bracket for mounting the mirror. Super happy with it.

One minor thing is that the tape holding the camera to the rear door isn't holding it as well as it should. It has fallen off on a hot day. Anyone know of a better tape I should use?
I had the same issue. Used the Scotch Mount tape pictured and haven’t had an issue since (it’s been over 1 month in Texas heat)… there’s another Woolfbox thread where others have used screws….

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
We are still in the process of selecting a new 4x4, with the Grenadier as strong contender.
I have previously mounted this type of camera/rearview mirror as a direct replacement for the original mirror, eliminating the rubber straps so it looks very OEM.
I got my bracket form Amazon UK, there are a few variations and you need to see which ones are suitable (if at all) for the mirror you select (spacing of screws) and the original fitting for the mirror (e.g. on the windscreen) .
This is the link to the one I purchased:
DVR Mirror Bracket arm

As I say I am not sure how the original mirror is connected on the Grenadier, however this approach might be viable?

There is no wobble at all as the mount is pretty strong and quite secure/stiff on the various ball joints.

Hopefully that might provide some other options.
Thank you
Are you in the UK and looking at a UK vehicle? Your profile places you in North Wales but that info updates in real time depending on where you post from.
The Grenadier does not use a D-tab mount on the windscreen. D-tab is a slide-on dovetail arrangement. The arm you linked to on Amazon is the same as Wolfbox supply as their OEM bracket kit but this arm does not fit MY23 vehicles or NA delivered MY24 vehicles with ADAS (camera).

See my post here for a compatible arm (pic) that fits the hexagonal stud on the Grenadier windscreen. This arm allows the mirror to sit lower to clear the airbag warning. There will be other solutions.
That's a Wolfbox G900 installed on a replacement arm. I used the Wolfbox OEM kit to get the plastic backing bracket then swapped out the arm.

Attachments

• PXL_20240521_035654048.jpg
    PXL_20240521_035654048.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20240602_032614116.jpg
    PXL_20240602_032614116.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
I had my Wolfbox G850 installed today. It really solves all my problems with the rear visibility. I highly recommend it. I like it much better than I envisioned.

It is wired up to the overhead console and the rear camera wires are in the rear door and take the same path as the rear window wipers so everything is completely hidden and safe.

I am attaching a few photos as well as a few videos showing how it works. You can touch the screen and move the camera up and down for visibility. It also solves ALOT of the rear blind spot issues due to the very wide angle lens that shows three lanes of rear traffic and slightly to the sides of the Ineos.

The clarity on the screen is great!

I was trying to upload some videos and the files are too large even though they are only 12 seconds.

Love it
Much neater install than I managed yesterday with a G900.

What a great device - perfect for us as we now have (had) zero visibility through the rear loadspace.

Problem solved!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I had my Wolfbox G850 installed today. It really solves all my problems with the rear visibility. I highly recommend it. I like it much better than I envisioned.

It is wired up to the overhead console and the rear camera wires are in the rear door and take the same path as the rear window wipers so everything is completely hidden and safe.

I am attaching a few photos as well as a few videos showing how it works. You can touch the screen and move the camera up and down for visibility. It also solves ALOT of the rear blind spot issues due to the very wide angle lens that shows three lanes of rear traffic and slightly to the sides of the Ineos.

I was trying to upload some videos and the files are too large even though they are only 12 seconds.

Love it
Where did you tap in for power?

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
You have taken into account that changing the original rearview mirror for any other one represents a safety reform that needs to be approved by the ITV. at least here in Spain

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Love it

Thanks for the inspiration - this how I’d like to wire mine up. Do you have any photos of the overhead console connection and which switch you used?

Local time
Reaction score
Are you in the UK and looking at a UK vehicle? Your profile places you in North Wales but that info updates in real time depending on where you post from.
The Grenadier does not use a D-tab mount on the windscreen. D-tab is a slide-on dovetail arrangement. The arm you linked to on Amazon is the same as Wolfbox supply as their OEM bracket kit but this arm does not fit MY23 vehicles or NA delivered MY24 vehicles with ADAS (camera).

See my post here for a compatible arm (pic) that fits the hexagonal stud on the Grenadier windscreen. This arm allows the mirror to sit lower to clear the airbag warning. There will be other solutions.
That's a Wolfbox G900 installed on a replacement arm. I used the Wolfbox OEM kit to get the plastic backing bracket then swapped out the arm.
Hi, yes North Wales looking in the UK. We missed a test drive on Saturday (due to a dodgy Covid jab).
That bracket arm was for another car we currently have.
I wasn't sure how the Grenadier mirror was connected, so thank you for the further info.

Mena2

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration - this how I’d like to wire mine up. Do you have any photos of the overhead console connection and which switch you used?
The above thread has a lot of details re wiring the Wolfbox. Some have wired directly to the overhead, others who want parking monitoring used the fuse box. I didn’t want the parking monitor function so I used the wires in the right footwell that correspond to the internal switch 2 (INT 2). Since it’s not powered when car is off (as long as PWR switch is off) you can leave the switch on and the Woolbox starts and stops when you turn on/off the car. I attached the ACC cable to the pos car wire (purple and white) and attached the Woolfbox negative wire to an unpainted bolt at the back of the footwell footwell and didn’t use the 3rd Woolfbox wire. Didn’t need any extension wires and was easy to hide all the wiring. The below YouTube video shows how to access the right footwell wires. The only difference was the bolts were regular bolts and not Torx bolts for me. The other thread has some pics of my install Hope that helps!
View: https://youtu.be/A3qY4CrDonw?si=eFlXSa_M5CTTgzfo

Last edited:

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
You have taken into account that changing the original rearview mirror for any other one represents a safety reform that needs to be approved by the ITV. at least here in Spain
Fortunately we do not have such rules in the USA (yet!). I feel the Grenadier's rear view mirror is basically useless and the rear view camera will be a great safety improvement. so much so i think the I should get a discount on insurance(y)

Peterr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have my Wolfbox and 67 Design ready for installation. Just need a qualified tech to do it.

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No battery drain if wired into ignition only. I tapped into the cigarette lighter power supply, giving me the choice of switching on permanently via the overhead power switch, for car parks etc or on the ignition for normal use. It comes with two power supplies if I remember correctly. Switched and permanent. Mirror shake has been a definite, none issue.
Hi who did you use to install it as I would like to have one fitted and live not far from you but my skills are up to this.

Back
Top Bottom