The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wireless relay for EXT2

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 12v triggered wireless relay? To save running a high beam trigger wire to the roof I’m looking for a 12v transmitter off the high beam to a receiver relay powered by the EXT2 on the roof.

Everything I’ve found has the Bluetooth remotes but I want a 12v input to switch the transmitter.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 12v triggered wireless relay? To save running a high beam trigger wire to the roof I’m looking for a 12v transmitter off the high beam to a receiver relay powered by the EXT2 on the roof.

Everything I’ve found has the Bluetooth remotes but I want a 12v input to switch the transmitter.
You can definitely buy a 12v RF transmitter and receiver pair that can be used to trigger a relay.
Screenshot_20240903-112259.png

I've not seen exactly what you are looking for.

Local time
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it necessary?
I haven’t wired mine up yet but my plan is to do it all in the fuse box….
Wire in a second relay between the first EXT2 relay and run the signal wire to that. So if ext2 is on, the ext2 relay is closed and power goes to the second relay, then the second relay is controlled by the signal from high beam?

I think this will work? But I’m not an auto spark..

Local time
Reaction score
Is it necessary?
Wire in a second relay between the first EXT2 relay and run the signal wire to that. So if ext2 is on, the ext2 relay is closed and power goes to the second relay, then the second relay is controlled by the signal from high beam?

I hadn’t thought of that, good alternative

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought of that, good alternative
I used the garage door opener on the Land Rover to do this for the auxy driving lights I installed. Bought an rf relay pack and used this as the control relay for the main one to activate the lights. Worked pretty well but got very hot under the bonnet.

weeman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
Is it necessary?

This is exactly what I'm planning to do. Not to difficult to run a trigger wire from the engine bay through to the internal relays

Back
Top Bottom