The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windshield Trim Unstuck?

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
This part of my windscreen rubber surround is loose against the bodywork and already collecting dirt + dust underneath, Can someone confirm if it is supposed to be stuck down? It doesn't make sense for it to be collecting crap and water!

Thanks

Window Rubber Seal.jpeg

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
This part of my windscreen rubber surround is loose against the bodywork and already collecting dirt + dust underneath, Can someone confirm if it is supposed to be stuck down? It doesn't make sense for it to be collecting crap and water!

Thanks

View attachment 7860647
It is not supposed to be unstuck. Dealer should be willing to redo under warranty. If your a DIY person can buy automotive windshield sealant. Just make sure do do under entire length of the strip.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score

Thanks

View attachment 7860647
My dealer fixed that issue for me at no cost.

Cheers

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had mine done under warranty then windscreen chipped and had to have new screen and they have to replace rubber as well.I noticed water channeling of roof into seal.Dealer did tell me rubbers only cosmetic

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep this was something I noticed on mine when I collected it last year. On my list also.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks

View attachment 7860647
Mine was gaping just where water ran off roof.Was told it was only cosmetic but they replaced it.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was gaping just where water ran off roof.Was told it was only cosmetic but they replaced it.
Mine's unstuck along its full length and will need a good clean out before re-gluing as it's full of silt from the plowed fields around us!

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They single use,come pre glued.Autoglass wouldnt reglue neither would the dealers.

Back
Top Bottom