The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windshield protection option.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
I was watching YouTube and came across a windshield protection for Jeeps and Broncos. The idea is there are three layers and every 6 months you rip a layer off similar to what off road drivers do on helmet visor shields.

I reached out to them to see if they would make one for the Grenadier. Here is there response.
Thanks for reaching out to us and your interest in the Windshield Defense product for the ineos. It's currently in beta testing as we speak.

Looks like we will have another option.

Last edited:

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Wowza, I would be totally interested in that.

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with this company over the years and their film has saved me a windshield replacement on my 2023 Defender so I installed it on my 2024 Grenadier as soon as I brought it home. They are pre-cut and very easy to install if you follow their instructions closely and mix up a spray bottle full of slip solution using Johnson’s baby shampoo (no kidding). Helps to have two people lift the film into place and it is indeed optically clear so you can’t tell it is even installed.

My only real tip is to make sure you clean and scrub all contamination off of the windshield first and scrape it clean with a plastic razor blade don’t use a metal one. They provided a foam scrubbing pad and squeegee in the kit and you can use the slip solution as the cleaner. No heat gun or other special tools are needed so it’s very DIY friendly as I’ve done three installs on different vehicles with no issues. It’s not a cheap film but anything that can help delay a broken windshield I’m for.

The attached image shows it installed… the pre-cut film fits perfectly side to side and I had a small less than 1/4” gap at the bottom but overall coverage is excellent. I’ve had these films last up to two years on my other vehicles before having to replace them but it all depends on your environmental conditions and how well you maintain your windshield and wiper blades.

When this film eventually wears out I may try the Racing Optics one so any longterm reports on how it performs I’d be interested in.

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I talked to the team at Racing Optics, they are hyper responsive, also pointed them to the issue on the tread above they talking to installer about the issue they faced. they also said they had number good installs. One thing I asked them if you need to use heat gun on install they said it not necessary, but still can be used if needed.

Back
Top Bottom