The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windscreen Top seal

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen on the windscreen top seal . Flush fit on drivers side but raised 5/6cm on N/S. I don’t appear to have any water ingress, yet. If you have had this did IG do a repair or replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 120

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
I checked and fund some similar openings. But I am not sure whether this is the seal itself. Looks ore like a cover to me.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A very neat finish, clearly mine needs attention.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I checked and fund some similar openings. But I am not sure whether this is the seal itself. Looks ore like a cover to me.
I wasn’t sure either, I’ll let them have a look at it and see what they recommend.

HorstVoll

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen on the windscreen top seal . Flush fit on drivers side but raised 5/6cm on N/S. I don’t appear to have any water ingress, yet. If you have had this did IG do a repair or replacement.
I noticed the same at my car, if I remember right it was loose for even more than 10cm and only at the top. I noticed this already at pickup of my car and showed it to the dealer who responded (not really convincing) it “should not be an issue as this should not be a seal”. I did not see any water ingress at the windscreen or A-pillar at either side which I had opened at installation of the dash cam.

However, in my opinion this might become an issue at some point because if it is open at top and glued at the bottom it creates a water pocket that can hold water for a longer time which I guess sooner or later could lead to water ingress at the windscreen seal. I will ask my dealer again to get it fixed next time I get there.

I will let you know what the outcome was in my case and I am also curious if/how it was fixed for others.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
...dealer who responded (not really convincing) it “should not be an issue as this should not be a seal”...
Provided they're going to repair it, I can agree with that. However, should they imply there's no need to rectify the matter, I would be royally upset.

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
However, in my opinion this might become an issue at some point because if it is open at top and glued at the bottom it creates a water pocket that can hold water for a longer time which I guess sooner or later could lead to water ingress at the windscreen seal. I will ask my dealer again to get it fixed next time I get there.
And not to mention that the water in this "water pocket" can freeze in wintertime and lead to serious damage.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dirt, grim, etc will sit in that pocket and spoil over time as well. Ill have to look at mine in the morning but first recall seems to be it was ok...

Reactions: CB

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The freeze thaw action in cold weather is a concern, I won’t leave it like it is because it will possibly cause damage long term. I have an excellent supplier who I am confident will work with me to sort this ….I’ll update when they get a chance to respond.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Not acceptable, particularly since it's potentially pooling water against the paint, which will eventually lead to rust at that location.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I inspected mine today in good light, it is fitting very well and no signs of any offset in seal. Yours on face value looks faulty... it should be fixed soon as dealer can attend to it in my view.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I inspected mine today in good light, it is fitting very well and no signs of any offset in seal. Yours on face value looks faulty... it should be fixed soon as dealer can attend to it in my view.
Being inspected on the 7th November…. I’ll post the proposed action.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Inspected and repaired with sealant. Flush with no gaps now. Defect noted by dealers and if any future problems it is recorded.

Back
Top Bottom