The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind noise and road tax issue

Oscar786

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
So I have 2 issues . I have a terrible wi f noise coming from the two glass sunroofs if I go over say 40 mph , is that to do eithe rhino bars fitted ? Also I have the field master , 5 seater and road tax is only £190 . Mi r is on a 2023 plate and just renewed my road tax expecting it to be £600 or do but pleased to see £190 pop up . How is this possible ?

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
So I have 2 issues . I have a terrible wi f noise coming from the two glass sunroofs if I go over say 40 mph , is that to do eithe rhino bars fitted ?
It absolutely is. I have driven without the rhino bars and the roof is quiet as you would expect without them. But noisy with them.

Initially, my front bar was in front of the safari windows and it was like a turbine. The dealer moved it back behind the safari windows on the raised bit of the roof and it reduced the noise. I also put the vortex strips on the front bar and that further reduced the noise.

However, I intend to move the front bar further back a bit (behind the raised bit on the roof) as it can still pick up more than I would like if there is a crosswind. Possibly move it another foot back (and then move the rear back similarly). That should reduce it down sufficiently.

just renewed my road tax expecting it to be £600 or do but pleased to see £190 pop up . How is this possible ?
Sounds like you have the N1 Utilty wagon version. That gets £190 tax disc where as the M1 car version is higher.
The only real difference between the N1 and the M1 is that the rear seats are further forward, more upright and have less legroom. And you are speed-restricted on dual carriageways and single carriageways. i.e. 50mph on 60mph single carriageway and 60mph on a 70mph dual carriageway. Some car parks have increased pricing for N1 vehicles over M1. However, if you have the glass rear windows, most car park attendants wouldn't spot it. And finally, the N1 vehicles are cheaper than the M1.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
I actually got rid of my RR bars because I hated the wind noise. It was loud in front and moved back to b pillar - both loud - and I don’t have safari windows. I switched to Leitner bars and added their wire guides. So much better in terms of noise level.

Back
Top Bottom