The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch installed

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
beware... front plate Letech winchbumper is very thin and made of ... aluminium ! So, it is weak and the welds are cracking if you winch in an angle.
Mister Letech told me in Germany : you only can winch straight, not in an angle
So, Letech winchbumpers are very expensive and just for show. They are worthless if you use them for what they were made for

didi
Ghent

View attachment 7861546
Just a question- how often have you used that equipment? I have used it rather frequently and can not join your oberservations 🤔

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Thats poor! Winching at an angle is not ideal and best avoided, but you still want to be able to do it when the need requires..

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Not all jurisdictions are the same; the UK is quite permissive, owners can fit almost anything provided it does not stick out and have sharp edges.

The Germans have it particularly hard, no TUV approval, you cannot legally fit it. Part of annual inspections is proving you have the approvals for any aftermarket alterations. It makes for beautiful kit but some scary prices.

(warning, i realized after i wrote my wall of text that i went down a rabbit hole... But this stuff interests me and in a former life i worked on some of this stuff)...

I really like that the US is generally leading with performance based regulations instead of technology and design regulations.

Once you own the car each state gets to determine which changes are tolerable and which are not. In my state, California, emissions changes are of a particular public interested which makes them tracked and only CARB (CA air resources board) approved equipment can be installed into vehicles.

At the federal level (which really isn't that involved in what happens after the vehicle is sold) they basically determine if the cost of the requiremen eclipse the public good. To make a tangible example, all new cars must have reverse cameras because the goverment has calculated that the benefit to the public in reducing back up accidents is larger than the cost of requiring the public to purchase the cameras. The performance standard are straight forward: "The field of view must include a 10-foot by 20-foot zone directly behind the vehicle. The system must also meet other requirements including image size, linger time, response time, durability, and deactivation."

There is a bunch of recalls and consent orders in the industry right now because a couple of manufacturers cameras aren't starting up fast enough after the car enters reverse.

i know they studied the excess speed warning system like our grenadiers have but came to the conclusion that the economic benefit to the public was less than the cost imposed to the public by requiring these systems. That may change over time but this is what the analysis took them.

After the vehicle is sold you can modify it. Its up to your state to determine if that modification is allowed or not. most states doesn't care too much on wheter you put on bigger wheels or change bumpers. if you injure someone because of the modification, its a matter of liability which can be handled by the parties directly. This only changes when it becomes large enough of a concern for the population that the state has to regulate it. In CA there is an excess speed warning bill lingering in comittee to force the speed warning that ineos has onto all new cars.

Having said all of that, i expect there to be no major changes to vehicle regulations at the federal level in the next 4 years regardless who gets elected president. Biden will push the transportation secretary on aviation safety via FAA and Trump will revert back vehicle emissions standards to what he put in place when he was president. And that is all that will happen. I'm pretty happy about that because i like modifying my vehicles.. :)

Local time
Reaction score
Today I got my winch and bumper installed (LeTech Kit). I am so much looking forward to test it tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻😂!
What I really like already is the quality and design of the bumper and that one has easy access to the winch.View attachment 7844296
Very Nice!

Hello

I am looking for plastics of the winch version...
met de code GRA-7A01-020830 (voorbumperlier)

Mocht iemand deze nog hebben liggen omdat er een andere lierbumper op de auto is gemonteerd, dan wil ik hem graag overnemen.

Thank you in advance for your efforts!
Greetings,
Rob Melchels

Attachments

• 2024-08-15 17.19.46.jpg
    2024-08-15 17.19.46.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 17
Local time
Reaction score
Today I got my winch and bumper installed (LeTech Kit). I am so much looking forward to test it tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻😂!
What I really like already is the quality and design of the bumper and that one has easy access to the winch.View attachment 7844296
Awe some!

Do you have the original winch bumper parts van the original Ineos? I am looking for them...

Thanks for your answer

Greetings,

Rob

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awe some!

Do you have the original winch bumper parts van the original Ineos? I am looking for them...

Thanks for your answer

Greetings,

Rob
Sorry Rob- my original Bumper Part was not that kind for a winch. Otherwise I would be happy to sell it to you.

Didifender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just a question- how often have you used that equipment? I have used it rather frequently and can not join your oberservations 🤔
Often and I am not alone... Reulsport Belgium has the same problems with LETECH winch bumpers which are made too light in Germany.
The company that distributes LETECH in Belgium = https://www.dgtuningadventure.com made a heavy duty version of it (in decent steel).

didi

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Often and I am not alone... Reulsport Belgium has the same problems with LETECH winch bumpers which are made too light in Germany.
The company that distributes LETECH in Belgium = https://www.dgtuningadventure.com made a heavy duty version of it (in decent steel).

didi
Thanks for the link. 👍 However, so far I did not have any probs , not with the winch nor with the bumper. Using it frequently in the woods . 👍

Back
Top Bottom