The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Will Ineos continue producing the Jimny?

According to this article, there is a possibility that INEOS will continue to produce the Jimny even after it ceases production in Europe in summer 2024.

See attached PDF for English Version (allthough file name is still German ...) .

PS: If someone can tell me why the format of this posting is so different from the other ones, please let me know.

Attachments

• Ineos plant weitere Baureihen Rettung für Suzuki Jimny-Fans AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
According to this article, there is a possibility that INEOS will continue to produce the Jimny even after it ceases production in Europe in summer 2024.

PS: If someone can tell me why the format of this posting is so different from the other ones, please let me know.
I’m struggling with translating it into English unfortunately

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
In my opinion this is pure speculation of a journalist. I think Suzuki will continue to produce it, but will not import it to the EU anymore due to the stringent anti-emission norms for big car builders.
What he hopes is that Ineos will produce a very small version of the Grenadier.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Ineos Automotive will be running into issues with fleet mileage and emissions in many jurisdictions that the EV version of the Fusilier would have addressed.

Suzuki pulled the passenger car version of the new Jiminy as it was harming their fleet average emissions and there is a small concession for the van version. Making an ICE Jiminy or Jiminy substitute will do nothing for IA's emissions issues in the UK or EU and not much in the USA either.

Shame, as I liked the new Jimny, although I don't fit in the van version, as the bulkhead reduces the seat travel.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My information is that INEOS falls under a regulation for small manufacturers with low productions numbers.

But I have no source as this is just hearsay.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My information is that INEOS falls under a regulation for small manufacturers with low productions numbers.

For now this exception is valid but Ineos ambitions go beyond staying a niche player. True off-road requirements do simply not operate with existing limitations of electric drivetrain. Perhaps there is a solution in the middle with a hybrid system that is affordable. Perhaps far east made. There were intentions to have a smaller off-roader since quite a while at Ineos. If there is market demand..

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
All true, but it will stifle the ambition stated in the recent past. There was an article in one of the car magazines that detailed the regulations and explaned why IA had to sell some many "commercial" vehicles in the UK. Each jurisdiction has slightly different rules.

This refers, but Autocar have either taken down the article or stuck it behind their paywall; https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/co2-emissions.12279064/#post-1331978246

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The information was in the german part of the forum.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
This refers, but Autocar have either taken down the article or stuck it behind their paywall
No, it is still there. Red is false but green is sadly right.

However: Many URLS in this forum were crippled after a software update a long time ago.

Compare both links: The first one is the one you pointed to, it yields a 404 error. The second one is the correct one and shows the page. I had to format it as CODE otherwise the 'smart' software algorithm would reformat it as links (and garble it again).

Code:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-dealership%2C-sales-and-marketing/why-van-versions-ineos-grenadier-help-co2-rules%20t=_blank
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-dealership,-sales-and-marketing/why-van-versions-ineos-grenadier-help-co2-rules

It is however now paywalled. But you can at least read the teaser.

Last edited:

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
No, I think the name would have to reflect the boyish , cheeky Jim 😊
Sir anything is only meaningful if you live in the UK.

Twenty-somethings call me "sir" all the time. Annoying as hell. :rolleyes:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
Actually British English (including Aus) is fairly unusual in that when you speak to a stranger you would not use an honorific term.
In French for example you would normally address a stranger as Monsieur or Madame, Japanese as you would expect has a whole vocabulary for addressing people formally.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Actually British English (including Aus) is fairly unusual in that when you speak to a stranger you would not use an honorific term.
In French for example you would normally address a stranger as Monsieur or Madame, Japanese as you would expect has a whole vocabulary for addressing people formally.
"The cultural differences are vast...and I don't think it would take very much time for him really to become Americanised."

View: https://youtu.be/eSpWpPJbRy4?si=4AZhoxihP9mLrAGr

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score

I was taught to use an honorific in all "romance" languages. French, Italian, Spanish, etc. Sure beats "hey dude".

Back
Top Bottom