The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who wants underbody skids? I have had a solid conversation with BudBuilt!!!

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
OK, I just hung up with Bud. He is totally willing to design and prduce full underbody skids for the Gren. Calling all North Carolina owners. He needs a truck for a day or two and he is in (Hudson, NC) near Hickory, NC. Is anyone willing to part with their Gren for a couple days to allow him to take measurements and build a prototype? Please let me know ASAP. If all the NC guys are not interested, I will ship mine up there, but this is a fallback position. Please let me know.

I have had BudBuilt skids on two of Toyotas (4R and LC) and they are totally bulletproof. DM me or respond. I will be glad to get you my cell so we can discuss the details. Please go check out his work. He has been in business now for 25 years.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
OK, I just hung up with Bud. He is totally willing to design and prduce full underbody skids for the Gren. Calling all North Carolina owners. He needs a truck for a day or two and he is in (Hudson, NC) near Hickory, NC. Is anyone willing to part with their Gren for a couple days to allow him to take measurements and build a prototype? Please let me know ASAP. If all the NC guys are not interested, I will ship mine up there, but this is a fallback position. Please let me know.

I have had BudBuilt skids on two of Toyotas (4R and LC) and they are totally bulletproof. DM me or respond. I will be glad to get you my cell so we can discuss the details. Please go check out his work. He has been in business now for 25 years.

I was just up there 2 weeks ago :cry:

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are supposed to be factory ones coming out at some point.
Any ideas what the factory ones are going to be made of? What's the delivery timeline on these? I am still waiting on blanking plates for the RAI....Typically, the factory ones are not strong enough to support the vehicle's entire weight. These are solid, 3/8 steel. He also offers aluminum, great for weight reduction but they will still bend. My biggest concern is the plastic transmission pan, fuel and brake lines that are exposed. I like the additional weight low as it allows some offset to a RTT or anything else that might be high on the vehicle. Sure, it will impact MPG, but it's a give and take. I'd rather burn more fuel and get home than worry about getting home, hiring a tow truck to pick me up in the dark corners of the earth is a different level of cost.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, 78 views and nothing? Bump!

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I had a truck, I’d be happy to do it from upstate, SC😂🤷🏻‍♂️

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW, another NC company has a vehicle currently and is in the process of the same (and other products)... Plenty more coming soon from stateside vendors!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Budbuilt kit is solid. I wish Shrockworks out of Houston hadn't gone belly up during lockdowns.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Budbuilt kit is solid. I wish Shrockworks out of Houston hadn't gone belly up during lockdowns.
Definitely, no disrespect to BudBuilt, definitely a strong name

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
No disrespect sensed, @anand. Coming from Toyota you'd know their history. I am curious who you are working with though!

1715267199271.gif

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PM me as well please. I’ll most likely go with BB but always curious about what’s out there.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the idea of 3/8 steel plate. I wonder if they plan steel diff guards?

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have a Gren in North Carolina? Please reach out as we need to see if we can get this set up.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK I am going to give it about another month then I am shipping mine up to Bud Built. I hope that in the next month, some of you that are interested will go the https://budbuilt.com/ site and take a look at the thickness, steel quality, and read some reviews on their performance. Google “Budbuilt skids” see what you can find out. I will tell you that aluminum will not adequately protect the undercarriage of the Gren. I am not talking about Rock Crawling. I am talking about standard trails in Colorado, Arizona, Texas, and several other states. Rugged trails that are used every day. Good luck, and happy trails.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll try and figure a workaround. Can’t recall the PW.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll try and figure a workaround. Can’t recall the PW.
This is what it says on Smugmug when I hit, “Need a hint”: Hint: first two san carlos grandmothers nickname last two ….not sure if that helps you 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom