The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Which roof rack and roof tent do you have? Welchen Dachträger und welches Dachzelt hast Du?

Pauli

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm looking for a roof tent for 2 people and wanted to ask you what you have on the roof. I also have the Safari windows and would like to use them and not mess with them. Very happy with pictures:)

Hallo Leute, ich bin auf der Suche nach einen Dachzelt für 2 Personen und wollte euch fragen, was ihr so auf dem Dach habt. Ich habe auch die Safari-Fenster und möchte sie auch nutzen und nicht zubauen damit. Sehr gerne mit Bider.

neuf11

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm looking for a roof tent for 2 people and wanted to ask you what you have on the roof. I also have the Safari windows and would like to use them and not mess with them. Very happy with pictures:)

Hallo Leute, ich bin auf der Suche nach einen Dachzelt für 2 Personen und wollte euch fragen, was ihr so auf dem Dach habt. Ich habe auch die Safari-Fenster und möchte sie auch nutzen und nicht zubauen damit. Sehr gerne mit Bider.

. . . Intrepid Geo 3.0 on three Rhino bars, the fourth bar for the oriiginal light bar.

Safari windows can be opened an removed.

The tent could perehaps be turned by 180° for entrance through the safari windows.

Attachments

• Intrepid Geo 3.0.jpg
    Intrepid Geo 3.0.jpg
    964.3 KB · Views: 15

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
Alucab load bars and alucab lt50 going on the roof next week , will share some pics once completed

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I sold the full lenght platform. It is too heavy. Not reccomended. I now use 3 Ineos crossbars which i shortened by 11cm. I would recommend traditional cross bars mounted to the gutter so they can be position wherever you like. Usually i have them at the position of B and C pillars and one as further back as possible to be able to load long stuff as kayaks or canoes without scratching the door to much.

ebee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Pauli,

I nearly had the same task and was looking for a roof top tent that ist big enough for two people and fit on the top of the Grenadier without covering the safari windows. First I ordered the Backbone Kit from Taubenreuther to mount 3 Rhino RECONN bars.
Then I bought a Jovive Slim XL hard cover RTT which fits exactly and is 140cm wide. In Germany you will find the similar tent from Arcta (Radix XL). I would suggest to check jovive.es also. Its the same tent but for less money.

With the Backbone Kit and some individual changes we also mounted the AluCab 270 Awning (left side) and the Jovive shower tent (right side)

I add some fotos, so you can see that this combination may be what you are looking for. The safaris are not covered at all, while the RTT ends with the back of the Grenadiers top.

1078.jpg

1079.jpg

1080.jpg

Pauli

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Ebee, thank you for the pictures and description. Yes, that's what I imagined. I had already looked at the Radix. I liked the Nuics until now. Your solution looks very good.

Back
Top Bottom