The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What could cause this noise?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
A pebble stuck between the pad and rotor perhaps...

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I think Anand has it about right, look for something between the brake disk and the splash shield/caliper/upright.

Never underestimate stones caught in the tyre tread either!

Reactions: PBD

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think it is related to the brakes. The reason i say that is because this noise has been happening on and off since new. I always drive with the windows up so it was always faint in the cabin. One day i decided to roll down the windows and it sounded obnoxious and frankly embarrassing. I cannot believe iv’e been driving around like this lol. I have not done extensive testing so i am not sure what the cause could be. It starts randomly and stays for a bit, it has happened in the same sections of road twice (i am not sure if it gets triggered by a bump or just coincidence). It slightly increases in frequency when i hold the throttle above idle.

Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think it is related to the brakes. The reason i say that is because this noise has been happening on and off since new. I always drive with the windows up so it was always faint in the cabin. One day i decided to roll down the windows and it sounded obnoxious and frankly embarrassing. I cannot believe iv’e been driving around like this lol. I have not done extensive testing so i am not sure what the cause could be. It starts randomly and stays for a bit, it has happened in the same sections of road twice (i am not sure if it gets triggered by a bump or just coincidence). It slightly increases in frequency when i hold the throttle above idle.
I would still pull the wheel and inspect all the pads, and make sure the caliper is retracting properly. keep in mind you're hearing that reflected off the tunnel wall next to you head. Drive by someone and make certain of the actual noise location.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
100% something stuck in there. I had this. Removed the wheels and a snake skull and pebble popped out. Sound disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom