The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Well that was easy

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
I ordered my Trialmaster in September expecting a late fourth quarter 2024 delivery. It was supposed to go into production in March.

No matter how often I visited the online Ineos confoundulator in March and April it still showed it having not gone into production. In April I called Ineos and confirmed it was still in process and they confirmed it was but had no further information on the build date, but confirm it was due for delivery in December of '24.

Fast forward to June 30th and I was sharing my story with one of my overlander friends and partly in frustration and partly out of amusement shared my experience. He told me he, "knew a guy" and asked if he should inquire about my order. I wasn't in a hurry, if anything December was earlier than I needed the car, but told him to do his best.

A few days later I received a phone call from an overseas number I didn't recognize and I answered the phone and the fellow asked me a few questions and told me he would get back to me. He called me back in about an hour and told me my trial master was on a boat heading to the port of Tacoma Washington and should land in a few weeks.

I was a little taken aback only because it was now 6 months earlier than promised and there was much to be done on my end to receive a new vehicle. He was able to give me the vin and I started the process of looking into insurance and financing. My original intention was just to pay for the truck but those funds are in an index fund which I cannot draw from until December without penalty.

My phone rang tonight, it was my dealership in Portland they tell me the vehicle is on the ground and I can come get it whenever I like. After months of uncertainty all I can say is, "that was easy".

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    866.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
I ordered my Trialmaster in September expecting a late fourth quarter 2024 delivery. It was supposed to go into production in March.

No matter how often I visited the online Ineos confoundulator in March and April it still showed it having not gone into production. In April I called Ineos and confirmed it was still in process and they confirmed it was but had no further information on the build date, but confirm it was due for delivery in December of '24.

Fast forward to June 30th and I was sharing my story with one of my overlander friends and partly in frustration and partly out of amusement shared my experience. He told me he, "knew a guy" and asked if he should inquire about my order. I wasn't in a hurry, if anything December was earlier than I needed the car, but told him to do his best.

A few days later I received a phone call from an overseas number I didn't recognize and I answered the phone and the fellow asked me a few questions and told me he would get back to me. He called me back in about an hour and told me my trial master was on a boat heading to the port of Tacoma Washington and should land in a few weeks.

I was a little taken aback only because it was now 6 months earlier than promised and there was much to be done on my end to receive a new vehicle. He was able to give me the vin and I started the process of looking into insurance and financing. My original intention was just to pay for the truck but those funds are in an index fund which I cannot draw from until December without penalty.

My phone rang tonight, it was my dealership in Portland they tell me the vehicle is on the ground and I can come get it whenever I like. After months of uncertainty all I can say is, "that was easy".
Wonderful!! A great story well told: laid back and laconic.😄 Thanks for sharing....you're well suited to a Trialmaster !😉 Enjoy!!

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent news. Happy for you. I had a very similar story, wasn’t expecting it until later and when it showed up early I had to scramble to get finances in order. 850+ miles in and I’m loving it! Enjoy your beautiful new ride!

Cheers,
Peter

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many think I'm nuts for even doing this. I have always put my faith in what I perceive in others as wisdom and experience.

Anytime a billionaire tells you what he's going to do for himself and does it, you might consider doing something similar.

When he does something that speaks to everything you know to be true, there is no try, there is only do.

That my little truck has a view of an Ferrari (as a Ford guy) for the next week is hilarious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_194922.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_194922.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20240725_195531.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_195531.jpg
    951 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20240725_195623.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_195623.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 94

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
I am jealous... you do not have a massive footwell intrusion as we here have the RHD version!!!

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1Many think I'm nuts for even doing this. I have always put my faith in what I perceive in others as wisdom and experience.

Anytime a billionaire tells you what he's going to do for himself and does it, you might consider doing something similar.

When he does something that speaks to everything you know to be true, there is no try, there is only do.

That my little truck has a view of an Ferrari (as a Ford guy) for the next week is hilarious.

At 2.9%, leave the money in the fund. You just had a win/win.
100%. Provided the market holds out that's my plan.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is one good looking Grenadier!

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent news. Happy for you. I had a very similar story, wasn’t expecting it until later and when it showed up early I had to scramble to get finances in order. 850+ miles in and I’m loving it! Enjoy your beautiful new ride!

Cheers,
Peter
I secured Ineos' in house financing today at 2.9% for 60 months, which was little more than what we used to call a five line application. it took minutes to fill out and in an hour I was approved. I do not care for vehicle debt but at that rate I might let it go 60 months provided the money in the index fund I was intending to use to write the check cobtinues to perform.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cheers,
Peter
I secured Ineos' in house financing today at 2.9% for 60 months, which was little more than what we used to call a five line application. it took minutes to fill out and in an hour I was approved. I do not care for vehicle debt but at that rate I might let it go 60 months provided the money in the index fund I was inte
I am jealous... you do not have a massive footwell intrusion as we here have the RHD version!!!
This would be a problem for my big square feet as well.

to use to write the check cobtinues to perform.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update: I signed and returned my paperwork to Ron Tonkin Grand Turismo today securing a 2.9% rate through Ineos for 60 months. At that rate I chose to finance 100% of the purchase price.

There were no hidden fees, shennigans, dealer markups, etc. The price with two dealer installed options, rubber floor mats and side steps which while selected on the configurator were paid for through the deakership. Adding the $1600 the dealership delivery fee the cost was $87,772.50. the out the door price was $95,863.80. (California tax, liscense, etc).

All I need to do at this point is ti fly up to Portland and pick it up. I will take 2 days to drive the 580 miles home. That was really easy...

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have the same truck. Congratulations, great choice!! Drive in great health.

Back
Top Bottom