The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Washington (state) to Washington, DC

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
We come from different worlds - I noticed the Land Rover door!
I figured that was a Landy door, but I was more impressed by his garage floor covering, but didn't want to be the odd guy that points out every interesting thing in a string of photos :ROFLMAO:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I figured that was a Landy door, but I was more impressed by his garage floor covering, but didn't want to be the odd guy that points out every interesting thing in a string of photos :ROFLMAO:
Excuse me sir, but the instructions from Leitner specifically ask you to use a carpet! I'd be lying if I said I didn't LOL when I read it.

I just so happen to have one in place. 😁1000012633.jpg

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oooof that's an average speed of 45mph, traffic must be rough...

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Made it - who's dream is coming true today?View attachment 7849157

Ran into @bbq4133 in the lobby - great looking Grenadier!
Rather impressive 3 vehicles pulled by a pickup truck (high power engine I'm sure) and not a traditional hauler truck. Would have loved to see this truck and its precious cargo on the highway!!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You may recall that I went to RDS for replacement of my windshield back in late March. I wanted to follow up and note the parts that were required, and their prices. I've posted these once before to another thread, but having them twice won't hurt. The reason for adding to this thread is that USAA fully covered these costs, minus my $500 deductible.

I'm very happy with this outcome, especially given that I did not use USAA's preferred service, Safelite. I expected there to be some hand wringing, but this was approved within an hour of my submitting the receipts via the app.

Part NumberDescriptionPrice
GRA-7B21-031970 WINDSCREEN$1564.89
GRA-7E21-005990DRAIN GUTTER$271.58
SUBLETINSTALLATION$325
Total Including Tax, etc.$2291.16

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You may recall that I went to RDS for replacement of my windshield back in late March. I wanted to follow up and note the parts that were required, and their prices. I've posted these once before to another thread, but having them twice won't hurt. The reason for adding to this thread is that USAA fully covered these costs, minus my $500 deductible.

I'm very happy with this outcome, especially given that I did not use USAA's preferred service, Safelite. I expected there to be some hand wringing, but this was approved within an hour of my submitting the receipts via the app.

Part NumberDescriptionPrice
GRA-7B21-031970WINDSCREEN$1564.89
GRA-7E21-005990DRAIN GUTTER$271.58
SUBLETINSTALLATION$325
Total Including Tax, etc.$2291.16
Thank you for posting this!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A minor update this Mothers day - a significant divot in the windshield. I'm trying to get it filled by Safelite tomorrow.

1000013462.jpg

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Putting down some miles - just did first fill up in Naches, WA on US 12. Made our way down 12 from Mt Ranier national park.

View attachment 7837369View attachment 7837370View attachment 7837371

Note to self:
Took 706 to 7 to Interstate 12 out of Mt Ranier National Park
Continued on 12 across White Pass and through Natches to 82
Then 221 South and left on Sellards Rd and then South Plymouth Rd to 14 East
From there 84 East at Umatilla & then head down 84 East to Boise
What an amazing adventure and fantastic pictures !

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've clocked somewhere in the range of 2000 miles in the last two weeks - a trip up to RDS in philly for my 12,000 mile service, and then a road trip from DC to West Point, NY to Montreal, back down to Northern Vermont, to Norwalk Connecticut and then back down to DC (Norwalk CT to DC in 5 hours). Much of that from 70 - 85mph.

The Grenadier was quite popular at West Point, and jaws were outright dropping in Montreal. I've decided the worst part of driving the Grenadier is having someone come up behind you in the left lane and stop right in your blind spot s they try to figure out what they are looking at. Having someone pace you just out of sight is super annoying, especially when they are in the passing lane, and you've gotten over to let traffic pass...

Other than that, I'm at nearly 14k miles, and I couldn't be happier.

My biggest concern at this point is my rapidly shrinking warranty period - not because I fear any mechanical failure, but because I anticipate software updates will continue to roll out from Ineos for the next several years. I'd like for those to be included as part of the vehicle ownership experience, and given these cannot be done OTA (which i'm totally fine with) they will require action from a dealer.

As an example - my 2017 Discovery is included in a class action lawsuit, where Land Rover have agreed to provide updates for it (free of charge) for the next two years. That's eight years that they've been writing and updating the software - well within the expected life expectancy I have of the Grenadier.

A few notes from this trip:
I bumped my tire pressure from 36 to 41 psi given the occupancy and luggage we were carrying - (3 adults, plus luggage, plus a dog). That was probably a mistake. I don't think it was required at all. It increased the rigidity of the ride significantly, and made things generally unpleasant. I maintain that most of peoples steering and handling complaints with the grenadier can be resolved by lowering their tire pressure to 36psi, as indicated on page 215 of the owners manual.

Fuel economy continues to be about as expected - I quit logging it several months ago, and generally find 12 - 17 mpg, mostly dependent on speed and grades.

I had some down time in CT, and removed the RAI for the ride home to DC. This significantly lowered the wind noise in the cabin. Not sure on fuel economy, but it can't hurt. It will likely stay off for now.

I had one or two instances where the HVAC system freaked out and would only push hot air. This was usually resolved by shutting the car down for ten minutes and starting it back up. I'd really love to see a software update which addresses the HVAC issues.

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've clocked somewhere in the range of 2000 miles in the last two weeks - a trip up to RDS in philly for my 12,000 mile service, and then a road trip from DC to West Point, NY to Montreal, back down to Northern Vermont, to Norwalk Connecticut and then back down to DC (Norwalk CT to DC in 5 hours). Much of that from 70 - 85mph.

The Grenadier was quite popular at West Point, and jaws were outright dropping in Montreal. I've decided the worst part of driving the Grenadier is having someone come up behind you in the left lane and stop right in your blind spot s they try to figure out what they are looking at. Having someone pace you just out of sight is super annoying, especially when they are in the passing lane, and you've gotten over to let traffic pass...

Other than that, I'm at nearly 14k miles, and I couldn't be happier.

My biggest concern at this point is my rapidly shrinking warranty period - not because I fear any mechanical failure, but because I anticipate software updates will continue to roll out from Ineos for the next several years. I'd like for those to be included as part of the vehicle ownership experience, and given these cannot be done OTA (which i'm totally fine with) they will require action from a dealer.

As an example - my 2017 Discovery is included in a class action lawsuit, where Land Rover have agreed to provide updates for it (free of charge) for the next two years. That's eight years that they've been writing and updating the software - well within the expected life expectancy I have of the Grenadier.

A few notes from this trip:
I bumped my tire pressure from 36 to 41 psi given the occupancy and luggage we were carrying - (3 adults, plus luggage, plus a dog). That was probably a mistake. I don't think it was required at all. It increased the rigidity of the ride significantly, and made things generally unpleasant. I maintain that most of peoples steering and handling complaints with the grenadier can be resolved by lowering their tire pressure to 36psi, as indicated on page 215 of the owners manual.

Fuel economy continues to be about as expected - I quit logging it several months ago, and generally find 12 - 17 mpg, mostly dependent on speed and grades.

I had some down time in CT, and removed the RAI for the ride home to DC. This significantly lowered the wind noise in the cabin. Not sure on fuel economy, but it can't hurt. It will likely stay off for now.

I had one or two instances where the HVAC system freaked out and would only push hot air. This was usually resolved by shutting the car down for ten minutes and starting it back up. I'd really love to see a software update which addresses the HVAC issues.
Mike at RDS think we may have software update available in August....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom