The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Washing the Grenadier

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
Every wash is a bit different, and could be anywhere from twice in a week to once a month or longer...

Pre-wash: P&S Mud Buster (4:1) on anything with mud/dirt below the windows as well as wheels/tires/wheel wells/bash plates. P&S Bug Off if there is heavy bug splatter. The rubber mats also get P&S Mud Blaster and agitation
Wheels/Tires: P&S Brake Buster on wheels/tires, 60-90 seconds of dwell time, then agitation with a wheel brush and tire brush. If any brake dust is visible after that, I use
Wash: Any of the following through a foam cannon, and then by wash mitten after a 60-90 second dwell time - Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss, Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash & Wax, Chemical Guys HydroSuds, P&S Pearl, or Chem-X Stars/Stripes
Pre-Dry: Griots Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax or P&S Bead Maker

A few times a year it gets a dry application of the Griots 3-in-1 or P&S Clean Maker

After all that the windows get hit with Invisible Glass window cleaner and Rain-X on the windshield, front side windows, and rear glass.

Interior cleaning is handled by P&S Xpress Interior cleaner or Chemical Guys Total Interior Cleaner if I'm out of the P&S
Oh crap, we are supposed to wash these things?

Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
If you get a ceramic coating, it has to be a touchless car wash or you will get pin stripes in the coating for the car wash. I have washed mine three times thus far. I have a small bench that is about 4-5 feet in length that I stand beside the IG. Then use a foam cannon to blast the car with suds. Mostly scrub the lower portion which is where the dirt accumulates. Then blast it off with a pressure washer.

I use the bench to get high enough to wash the top and then use 3ft microfiber rags to drag along the top to dry it and prevent water spotting.

Geez, after typing all this, I sound pretty anal on the cleaning, lol
What products do you use? Foam cannon? Thanks

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lately I’ve been using CarPro products. Satisfied with the results, ease of application, and length between reapplications. I’ve used/tried everything from big box car care products to Griots and I’ve been impressed with CarPro.

I’m sure there are better ones now, but I got an MTM Hydro foam cannon. It’s the first and only foam cannon I’ve bought/used so I have nothing to compare it to. Whatever you get I’d recommend getting quick release couplers to make switching from foaming to rinsing less of a hassle.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
I am sorry but I don't subscribe to the macho filthy car look.

I like to see a clean shiny Grenadier when appropriate. Of course, it's an off roader and will of course get dirty, but why not wash it. I use GTech products.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
There's washing and there's detailing - and the difference is about 3 hours.

Local time
Reaction score
Twice a year I put marine wax (Collinite) on my vehicles. Sprayin/washing with just water makes it easy.

I try to wash the under carriage to remove salt as much as I can.
Fluid film, surface shield, etc helps to protect also.

But I would probably choose Super Choice Unlimited – $29.99/mo
I use. Collinite's 885 paste wax on our 40’ trawler, our cars and on our Airstream! It is awesome stuff. If you are looking to rid your vehicle of salt, try a product called Salts Gone. It is not like the more commonly available salt removers in that it doesn’t rely on acids to denature the salt to get rid off it. It too works great.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
After a week on the sand on the beach I could get my landcruiser superficially clean in about half an hour.
In the grenadier after an hour and a half you wonder what you’ve been doing all that time. The bloody thing has bends and curves and bumps and edges for miles. Nightmare.

That said - the rubber flooring - easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom