The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Washer stopped working

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
On my way to Salt Lake City this evening, the washer stopped working. I thought the fluid ran out, but filling it up didn’t help and the tank was likely about half full when I filled it. It was already dark, but I noticed there is washer fluid all over the driver side of the engine bay. I suspect a hose came off or split and it sprayed everywhere.

I searched and found mention of a hose issue, but couldn’t find any details. Does anyone know where the pump is and where the hose is routed? I’ll take a look in the morning when there is more light. I have tools with me and some silicon tape to patch a hose if needed, but hopefully I don’t need to take apart much in the hotel parking lot.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you can't fix it quickly in the morning, I'm in salt lake planning to drive to Moab in the morning. My brother lives here and has a garage full of tools.
Warner ineos is in West valley right next to salt lake City and are a minor detour, they will have techs in Moab as well.

I'm planning to head out from Lehi around 8ish in the morning. If you start early ping me and I'll convoy with you. I'll pm my cell to you.

Worst case I have a windshield squeegee and windshield cleaner fluid in a spray bottle with me in my car. I had a windshield wiper breakdown (different car) and travel with that in my tool kit ever since.

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully I can see where it’s leaking from in the morning. It’s not a critical issue but will be annoying with the many stops to clean the windshield.

Thanks for the offer. I did notice that Warner is close by, so I may stop by. I’m staying up north by the airport and will leave mid morning.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Warner are legit. They did some work in my car while I was here in salt lake City. Got it back yesterday.

I'm hoping to leave early enough to do a trail in Moab before signing in tomorrow.

AWo

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Does the pump make any noise? If not, have you checked the fuse?

AWo

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does the pump make any noise? If not, have you checked the fuse?

AWo
Yes, pump is working.

I was able to see better this morning. Hose came off the barb fitting. Easy fix. Fitting seems loose though, so will need to find a better fitting.
IMG_0579.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom