The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vibration at Idle

Hannes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi all!

Have my Grenadier for 4 weeks now and 1700km on the clock. Today, standing at the traffic lights, Gear in "D", the whole cabin started to vibrate. It feels like the Gear wants to build up torque and loses connection immediately (frequency anywhere at the engines rpm). Vibration stops instantly when touching the gas pedal just slightly and speeding up the engine a little bit.

After restarting the engine, it is mostly gone but returns after a couple of seconds. Anybody else recognized something similar?

Thanks!!

Hannes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fixed it

Had to remove a small rock lying between the Gaerbox and the Transfer Case connecting both to solid unit. The rock transmitted the engine vibrations to the Transfer Case to the Frame so thtat the whole cabin was shaking.

Maybi it helps somebody else...

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi all!

Have my Grenadier for 4 weeks now and 1700km on the clock. Today, standing at the traffic lights, Gear in "D", the whole cabin started to vibrate. It feels like the Gear wants to build up torque and loses connection immediately (frequency anywhere at the engines rpm). Vibration stops instantly when touching the gas pedal just slightly and speeding up the engine a little bit.

After restarting the engine, it is mostly gone but returns after a couple of seconds. Anybody else recognized something similar?

Thanks!!
Yes, I also have a vibration at idle.

Hannes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I also have a vibration at idle.
Hi, have you checked the space between Gear Box and Transfer Case for Debris? You can't see it. I crawled under the car and tried to find something with my hand. After removing a small rock the vibration was gone.

Back
Top Bottom