The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

User Interface Improvement

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
8% of men are red-green colour blind.
Better factor another option 😉
Well, my cousin was a us navy cryptologist that is colorblind and he could tell the nuance of red and green on the screen. … also, by your logic, if we cater to colorblind, there’s no point in using colors at all for any purpose.

Sometimes people with disabilities have to suck it up, adapt, or move on. We can’t all live life by the lowest common denominator.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Sometimes people with disabilities have to suck it up, adapt, or move on. We can’t all live life by the lowest common denominator.
Did you buy your invincibility costume on aliexpress or etsy?

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 22-02-58 IG UI proposal by C.CORP.png

With bigger fonts

Last edited:

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
small but significant typographical error: tire/tyre "pressure" not "pression". 😉
Are you able to enlarge the area occupied by the rear view camera?
That's a mix of french and english ;)
Here is the full screen version

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 09-43-55 IG UI proposal by C.CORP.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 09-43-55 IG UI proposal by C.CORP.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
small but significant typographical error: tire/tyre "pressure" not "pression". 😉
Are you able to enlarge the area occupied by the rear view camera?
But actually there is no need for a "pressure message":
- we already have one behind the steering wheel,
- 4 pressions and temperatures is enough,

Same goes for differentials

Less is better

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
I love what you’re doing! Would you ever contact Ineos about your work or would that be pointless?

As others have said, small font size on some things is unusable. Can’t even read the time when driving!

I always wonder how very basic things made it past the development team who make decisions. When a new product was being developed at Medtronic, like a pacemaker or defib, we had endless meetings about usability, end user interface experience, identifying software progression factors — I mean any product went through exhaustive user experience analysis.

I realize Ineos wouldn’t have had the resources to necessarily be exhaustive, but surely so many Ineos developers would have had to test the interface right…? And yet so many blunders made it passed development. It’s strange.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
I love what you’re doing! Would you ever contact Ineos about your work or would that be pointless?

As others have said, small font size on some things is unusable. Can’t even read the time when driving!

I always wonder how very basic things made it past the development team who make decisions. When a new product was being developed at Medtronic, like a pacemaker or defib, we had endless meetings about usability, end user interface experience, identifying software progression factors — I mean any product went through exhaustive user experience analysis.

I realize Ineos wouldn’t have had the resources to necessarily be exhaustive, but surely so many Ineos developers would have had to test the interface right…? And yet so many blunders made it passed development. It’s strange.
That's not strange from my point of view. I've met a few developers and thought to myself, they're still young. I don't blame them at all. They are inexperienced and also have to learn. But I would expect experienced developers who have moved from other automotive companies to pass on their expertise to the others. But there still seems to be some catching up to do. I have confidence that they are working on the issues.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thank you 🙂.

I did contact INEOS executives - including Lynn Calder - many times with no luck.
I was told that there was no point in trying to contact her.

They've done something nice to look in a showroom or by a journalist but my no means meant to be use.
Even students wouldn't make such blatant design mistakes.

Most of the bugs I have are "random"... The worse to solve... But this also means that it lacks a great deal of rigor.

I remember when I placed the order for my grenadier, I was already struggling with a website riddled with bugs.

Back
Top Bottom